recipe for pretzles, hershey kiss & M&M | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

recipe for pretzles, hershey kiss & M&M

Last post Aug 14, 2006 7:19 PM by 121012 . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • recipe for pretzles, hershey kiss & M&M
    This past winter I made this great treat using pretzles with a hershey kiss on top that was melted in the oven for about 2 minutes and then pressed down with an M&M. I used the colored M&M for basketball teams or football teams and etc. Now I can't find the recipe and have no idea where to look for it. Can any of your ladies help me out please. A quick treat and easy to make.
    Thank you.
    False
  • RE: recipe for pretzles, hershey kiss & M&M
    http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=364787&catnum=#jump

i bumped the thread too. it's not titled so you'd know what it was about. probably why you had trouble finding it.

Subject: Picture & Review of Squirtt's Unique Snack
    False

I do a snack that is similar to this, but I use Rolo's and toasted pecan halves instead of the Kisses and M&M's. I will try this version next time. Thanks Jennie
    False
    bump
    False
    how do I get this recipe again?
    False
    I make these alot at holiday time.
    you can use either twisted pretzel, round or square. Put a kiss or rolo on top of pretzel put in oven for 2 minutes or less just until chocolate is soft. take out and press m & M on top. Let cool take off cookie sheet. Store in airtight container.
    NOTE: Be sure and line your cookie sheet with aluminum foil cookie will peel right off when cool.
    Hope this helps.
    June
    False
    Hi hillsgrandma, You copy/paste the http:...#jump into your address bar. Here is the recipe but I can't paste the picture here (you should look at it - really nice)

Posted by: Redraspberrygirl Posted on: 6/9/2004 8:40:08 PM
    #R3811999
    RE: unique snack/potluck dish
    Posted by: Squirtt Posted on: 6/8/2004 4:44:49 PM
    #R3803122
    purchase

one bag of square waffle pretzels
    Two bags of hershey kisses
    one bag of m&m PEANUT BUTTER candies

directions:

turn oven onto warm.

line a cookie sheet with the pretzels. I used a cookie sheet with sides so I would not have slippage.

unwrap a hershey kiss and place it in the center of each pretzel and continue doing that till every pretzel has a hershey kiss sitting on top of it.

place cookie sheet in oven. Check them every few minutes till the hershey kiss gets glossy. I dont think the hershey will lose its shape - unless it really gets hot. This takes about 5 minutes. In the meantime put the m&m's in a bowl.

When the hershey is sufficently melted (it will still look like a kiss, but will be shinny) take the cookie sheet out of the oven. Take one m&m and place it on top of the kiss and give it a little squish. This pushes the chocolate into the pretzel and adheres all three pieces together. I used all the colorful m&m's and ate the brown ones.

Do this till each pretzel/kiss is topped with a m&m. I placed the whole cookie sheet in the freezer but, fridge will do, till they are all chilled again.

False
    one bag of square waffle pretzels
    Two bags of hershey kisses
    one bag of m&m PEANUT BUTTER candies

directions:

turn oven onto warm.

line a cookie sheet with the pretzels. I used a cookie sheet with sides so I would not have slippage.

unwrap a hershey kiss and place it in the center of each pretzel and continue doing that till every pretzel has a hershey kiss sitting on top of it.

place cookie sheet in oven. Check them every few minutes till the hershey kiss gets glossy. I dont think the hershey will lose its shape - unless it really gets hot. This takes about 5 minutes. In the meantime put the m&m's in a bowl.

When the hershey is sufficently melted (it will still look like a kiss, but will be shinny) take the cookie sheet out of the oven. Take one m&m and place it on top of the kiss and give it a little squish. This pushes the chocolate into the pretzel and adheres all three pieces together. I used all the colorful m&m's and ate the brown ones.

Do this till each pretzel/kiss is topped with a m&m. I placed the whole cookie sheet in the freezer but, fridge will do, till they are all chilled again.

False
    In loving memory of Suzy
    I make these every year for Christmas.
    I use the Hershey Hugs as opposed to the regular Hershey Kisses. Something about white choclate with the salty pretzel...YUMMMMM! I just use a small pretzel twist and they work fine.

You can make them cute for any holiday with all the cool M & M's they come out with in all colors. They even have the breast cancer pink ones which would be cute to make this snack for a baby shower.
    False
    Thank you all very much. I'm off to the store to get the pretzels and I like the idea of using "Hugs" as to much chocolate and I don't always agree.
    False