What does couscous taste like?... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What does couscous taste like?...

Last post Sep 06, 2006 5:06 PM by auntiem64 . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • What does couscous taste like?...
    My son and I were talking about seeing so many dishes served with couscous. Neither of us have even eaten it. What flavor is it similar to......rice, pasta, etc.? Thanks
    False
  • RE: What does couscous taste like?...
    We love couscous....It is very versatile and picks up any flavor that you add to it. It has more of a pasta flavor with kind of a rice texture. Does that make sense? That is how I would describe it anyway. Maybe someone else could do better.

That is kind of a loaded question....like tell me what Jicama tastes like. LOL....that is a hard one too.

Tink~
    False
    Always treat people they way you want to be treated. ~Tink~
    In response to what jicama tastes like - to me it is similar to a raw potato, mixed with a little kohlarabi flavor. HOpe this helps!
    False
    delicious!! We love couscous! It's got a pasta flavor (because it is pasta) with a rice texture (because of it's shape). It is delicious when you boil it in chicken broth instead of just water. If you like pasta or rice, I can't see that you could possibly be disappointed with couscous.

Jicama... to me it tastes almost like mild sugar cane (I think it's sweet), but the texture is kind of like a radish, only a little bit softer. I love to put it in salad, but that's about the only way I've ever eaten it. (never eaten raw potato or kohlrabi)

April
    False
    Couscous depends totally on what is in the seasoning and the other ingredients. So far as saying, couscous has a particular flavor--I couldn't say. I have always thought it was as good as the additions and method of cooking, etc.

Emily
    False