Make your own Mulling Spices | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Make your own Mulling Spices

Last post Sep 15, 2006 3:28 PM by rosiepie . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • Make your own Mulling Spices
    Can you tell I'm ready for the Holidays... I have to share this recipe. A good friend is a Tastefully Simple lady -- several years ago they offered a product called Mulling Spices - that was a shakeable spice blend that was excellent sprinkled in coffee, tea, and whipped cream -- especially good in the Pumpkin Pie Wontons.

They no longer carry the product.. so I went searching and found this. I think it'd make a nice addition to a gift basket or just to make and share.

Can't vouch for it, but it sounds good.

Mulling Mix

Add this wonderful mix of sugar and spices to apple cider or wine for a delicious hot winter beverage recipe.
    INGREDIENTS:
    1 cup brown sugar
    2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1 tsp. ground cloves
    1 tsp. dried ground orange peel
    1 tsp. ground allspice
    1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
    PREPARATION:

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir with wire whisk until well blended. Store in airtight containers in a cool place.

To make 1 serving of mulled cider or wine, place 1/4 cup mix, 1 cup apple juice or wine, and 1/4 cup cup water in a small saucepan.
    False
  • RE: Make your own Mulling Spices
    Thanks added this one too~! :)
    False
    Thanks for the recipe. I can't always find mulling spices so will be glad to have this handy.
    False
    I enjoy Tastefully Simple a lot. I have found a recipe for their Beer Bread. I am wondering about a recipe for their Nana's Apple Cake. I like the fact that it tkes no oil or margarine - and is SIMPLE~ any ideas?
    False
    Photobucket
    I like Tastefully Simple too... even though it's expensive.

I found a couple of kinda sorta clones for the Apple Cake. I'll post them on a new thread. There's a similar thread for the beer bread as well.

False
    thank you, sounds good!

I would love a recipe for the pumpkin pie wontons you mentioned and also for the beer bread - love that stuff!

thanks
    Kathleen
    False
    Beer Bread

Beer Bread is a quick bread to make to accompany any beef
    dish. The type of beer you use will change the taste. Makes
    1 loaf (12 servings).

Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Jodi Regan

1 (12 fluid ounce) can or
    bottle beer 3 cups self-rising flour
    3 tablespoons white sugar

Directions
    1 In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and flour. Add
    beer and continue to mix, first using a wooden spoon, then
    your hands. Batter will be sticky. Pour into a 9 x 5 inch
    greased loaf pan.
    2 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees ) for 50 for 60
    minutes. The top will be crunchy, and the insides will be
    soft. Serve topped with butter or cheese spread.
    Haven't ever fixed this that everyone didn't absolutely love it. I was trying to find a recipe to make that would be cheaper than the Tastefully Simple mix so I increased the sugar in this to 1/3 cup and drizzled 3 T. of melted butter over the top before baking. You CANNOT tell the difference between this and their mix.
    False
    Photobucket
    Here you go. I bumped a the thread for my variations too. I did mix some Tastefully Simple Mulling spices into the cool whip for dipping.

I made the wontons several times last year -- and they were always a hit.

Posted by: salsarose Replies: 13 Posted on: 8/22/2005 6:59:39 AM
    #T560072
    PUMPKIN PIE WONTONS

1 cup canned pumpkin
    2 Tbsp maple syrup
    3 Tbsp brown sugar
    1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
    16 packaged wonton wrappers

cinnamon & sugar for dusting

Preheat oven to 400'. Mix pumpkin, maple syrup, brown sugar & pumpkin pie space in medium bowl. Place a wonton wrapper on flat surface. Spoon 1 Tbsp of filling into center. Moisten edges of wonton with water & fold in half to form a triangle. Press edges to seal. Repeat with remaining wontons. Arrange prepared wontons on an ungreased baking sheet. Lightly coat wontons w/ non stick cooking spray & sprinkle them with sugar & cinnamon. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Turn over and bake another 2 minutes.

16 servings, 1 POINT each
    False
    bump
    False
    False
    False
    thank you so much for the recipes - I printed them

Kathleen