I need a recipe for elegant farmer carmel apple pie... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

I need a recipe for elegant farmer carmel apple pie...

Last post Nov 28, 2011 6:32 PM by Motorhomegal . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • I need a recipe for elegant farmer carmel apple pie...
    Hello halpful bakers!
    DH brought home a carmel apple pie from elegant farmer and I would sell an organ for another. Does anyone have a recipe (exact or even kinda close) for such a dessert? It's the pie baked in brown paper bags. I think it's been chatted about here before but my 1980s computer skills cant find it. Please help.
    False
  • RE: I need a recipe for elegant farmer carmel apple pie...
    Oh come on. Someone has to have one somewhere :)
    False
    Don't have a recipe and have never even heard of this pie lol but, I did google and found this article about half way down it tells a little about this pie sold by QVC might check it out might give you some hints? sorry couldn't be of more help.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4196/is_20050928/ai_n15615329
    False
    Thanks so much. I even have all ingredients on hand. Will let you know how it turns out.
    THANKS SO MUCH
    False
  • Re: RE: I need a recipe for elegant farmer carmel apple pie...
    I would also love to have this recipe...did you ever find it? Thanks so much Debbie
    False
  • Re: I need a recipe for elegant farmer carmel apple pie...
    Did you ever find the recipe for the caramel apple pie...I would love to have it. thank-you so much Debbie
    False
  • Re: RE: I need a recipe for elegant farmer carmel apple pie...

Did anyone ever find the Elegant Farmer apple pie recipe?  Would you please share it with me?  I am especially interested in how to make their crust.  Thanks - KentuckyBeautyQueen  ("pretty don't last . . . good cookin' do!"

False
    Crust:
    2 Cups all-purpose flour
    1/4 Cup sugar
    1 Pinch salt
    1 Cup cold unsalted butter (2 sticks), cut into pieces
    1/3 Cup ice water
    Filling:
    5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thickly sliced
    1/2 Cup sugar
    1-1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
    1 Teaspoon fresh lemon juice
    1 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    1/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/8 Teaspoon salt
    1/8 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1-1/2 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
    Equipment:
    9-inch aluminum pie pan, 1 medium-sized brown paper bag.
    Make the Crust:
    In a food processor combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Add the butter and  pulse until pea-sized pieces appear. Add the water and pulse briefly—it will  still look crumbly. Transfer the crumbs to 2 pieces of parchment paper or foil  and form into 2 disks. Wrap the discs with plastic wrap and refrigerate  overnight.
    On a work surface lightly dusted with flour, roll out 1 disk to a  circle about 1/8-inch thick. Keep rolling until the circle is at least 2 inches  larger than your pan. Line the pie pan with the dough, letting the edge hang  over a bit. Roll the second disk, place it on a sheet pan and chill it until  you're ready to build your pie.
    Arrange a rack in the center of the oven and  preheat to 375 degrees F.
    Make the Filling:
    In a medium bowl, toss the apple slices, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice,  vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg together. Transfer to the pie shell and dot  with the butter. Brush the overhanging edges of the dough with water. Carefully  cover with the rolled-out top crust and pinch the edges together, turning them  under all around to make a thick edge. To decorate the rim, press it all around  with the back of a fork, or just pinch it to seal. With a scissors, cut a few  V-vents in the center.
    Slide the pie into the brown paper bag and fold the  top down. Staple bag shut and place it on a sheet pan. Bake for 1 hour.
    Remove the pie from the oven and cut a large circle in top of the bag.  Return to the oven and bake until the crust is golden brown, about 15 minutes  more.
    Let the pie cool at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at  room temperature.

False

http://americanfood.about.com/od/keytipstechniques/ss/Carm_Apple_Pie.htm

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

Gheck rev iews for tips~Alliea

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/caramel-apple-pie-ii/detail.aspx

" First you make a traditional apple pie filling, and then things get more interesting. Half the apple mixture is spooned into a deep-dish pie shell and layered with caramels and a taffy mixture. And then more apples, caramels and taffy go in. And then it 's baked and served warm."
    Ingredients:
    1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust
    deep dish pie
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    1/3 cup all-purpose flour
    5 cups thinly sliced apples
    2/3 cup white sugar
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    20 caramels, halved
    2 tablespoons milk
    Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    2. To Make Taffy: In a small bowl combine brown sugar, melted butter or margarine, and 1/3 cup flour. Mix well and set aside.
    3. To Make Apple Filling: Place apples in a large bowl. Add white sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Toss until all ingredients are mixed well and apples are thoroughly coated.
    4. Spoon half of apple filling into pastry-lined deep-dish pan. Top with half of caramels and half of taffy mixture. Repeat process with remaining apple filling, caramels and taffy mixture. Place top pastry over filling and seal well (this is very important--if edges are not sealed, caramel will leak out all over). Cut steam vents and brush top crust with milk or light cream.
    5. Cover pie with foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil from pie and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes, until crust is golden. Serve warm.
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2011 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 11/28/2011

theme
    Caramel Apple Pie II

recipe image
    Rated: rating
    Submitted By: Emtmom
    Photo By: Magoo
    False

http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/6413371/reply.aspx

False

DO NOT BAKE YOUR PIES IN PAPER BAGS !!!  That was fine back in the 60's, but since that time virtually ALL BROWN PAPER BAGS are made of recycled materials with DANGEROUS CHEMICALS in them, that when heated can impart bad, bad stuff in the food cooked in them.  That is why turkeys are no longer to be cooked in brown paper bags.

False

Marilyn

Bumping for this very important note from Motorhomegal:

DO NOT BAKE YOUR PIES IN PAPER BAGS !!!  That was fine back in the 60's, but since that time virtually ALL BROWN PAPER BAGS are made of recycled materials with DANGEROUS CHEMICALS in them, that when heated can impart bad, bad stuff in the food cooked in them.  That is why turkeys are no longer to be cooked in brown paper bags.

False

Please note all  the recipes on this thread do Not require  baking  in a Paper Bag .~A

False

I totally understand why you shouldn't cook it in a paper bag. My question is why did they do it in the first place? Was it to keep in moisture or something? This isn't the first time I've heard of this. I think at one time it was populatr to cook turkeys in a paper bag too. It would never dawn on me to do it. It sort of makes me think of some of the popular recipies with weird ingredient combinations. I've always wondered why somebody thought to put grape jelly with meatballs or melted ice cream with cake mix.What was going on in their heads to think these things up? Not that those are bad, just what made them to put them together.

False