SWEET POTATO PIE WITH EGGNOG. | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

SWEET POTATO PIE WITH EGGNOG.

Last post Oct 02, 2006 7:11 AM by loopyjane3377 . 2 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
  • SWEET POTATO PIE WITH EGGNOG.
    SWEET POTATO PIE WITH EGGNOG.
    Pastry for single pie crust
    1 T. granulated sugar
    3/4 tsp. cinnamon
    2 T. melted butter
    3/4 c. eggnog
    1 egg, slightly beaten
    1/2 c. sugar
    1/2 c. brown sugar
    1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
    2 c. mashed sweet potato

Bake sweet potatoes until soft. Cool and mash. Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle in pie shell. Bake in a 400F. degree oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 350F. degrees. Beat butter, eggnog, egg, remaining sugars, remaining cinnamon and vanilla into potatoes. Pour into pie crust. Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife instered in the center comes out clean. Cool. Chill until served.
    False
  • RE: SWEET POTATO PIE WITH EGGNOG.
    Now you have gone and done it. I was already going to have to get eggnog to make the eggnog pumpkin pie from the new TOH. Guess I will have to use the rest for this one. Sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing.
    False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

• RE: SWEET POTATO PIE WITH EGGNOG.
    I was going to try the pumpkin one with the eggnog. I don't like pumpkin pie but I was going to try it anyway. I know my DH would like it.

but now I'm going to try this one as I like sweet potatoe pie even though I don't like sweet potatoes. and I like sweet potatoe soup too. who can figure.

Linda
    False