ISO: Applebee's Dipping Sauce Clone | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: Applebee's Dipping Sauce Clone

Last post Oct 11, 2006 1:55 PM by AlabamaGal . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • ISO: Applebee's Dipping Sauce Clone
    We had Applebee's Sweet Potato Fries and the dipping sauce was to die for.
    Does anyone have the clone?
    False
  • RE: ISO: Applebee's Dipping Sauce Clone
    Sweet Potato Sticks With Curry Dip

Sweet Potato Sticks:

3 medium sweet potatoes, about 1 1/2 pounds
    oil for deep frying
    salt
    freshly ground black pepper

Dip:

2/3 cup mayonnaise
    1/3 cup sour cream
    2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
    1 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
    1/2 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Make the dip: In a small bowl, Combine the mayonnaise and sour cream. Stir in the curry powder, ginger, turmeric, chili powder, paprika, and salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

This can be made a day in advance.

Using a large sharp knife or mandoline, cut sweet potatoes into strips 3 inches long and about 1/4-inch thick. Pat dry with paper towels.

In a deep medium saucepan, heat the oil over high heat to about 370°. Deep-fry the sweet potato sticks in batches until golden brown, about 4 minutes. With slotted spoon or basket, transfer the sweet potato sticks to a paper towel-lined baking sheet. Keep the sticks warm in warming drawer or oven while frying the remaining sweet potato sticks. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Serve warm with the curry dip, a remoulade sauce, or other dip.
    False
    Life is like an onion, you peel off one layer at a time & sometimes you weep.
    Star, It was a BBQ flavor, but sweet and spicy. Kind of reminded me of A-1 Sauce but with a sweeter taste.
    False
    Okay, Star. You can't post something like that and not give out the recipe!!!!!!!LOL

Lisa
    False
    Star, I'll bet this is it!!
    Please post your marshmellow recipe if you have it.

Holly, I want to give yours a try, too. It looks interesting and we've got plenty of sweet potatoes to experiment on

Thanks everyone!
    False
    That marshmallow one isn't it because I had some the other night and it was red and my daughter, Kathe, and both loved it. I have a friend that works at Applebee's and I'm going to see if she can tell me what's in it. Kathe had the onions and it came with a different dip - think it had horseradish in it - They were both delicious!!!

pegg
    False

pegg

Thanks for posting it Star. Question: How do you do your sweet potato fries?

Lisa
    False