Does Anyone Remember Junket Rennet Tablets? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Does Anyone Remember Junket Rennet Tablets?

Last post Oct 06, 2006 10:36 AM by MtnNC . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • Does Anyone Remember Junket Rennet Tablets?
    I just made some! I haven't had it in about 50 years. Didn't know they made these Junket Rennet tablets anymore - but I found some in Walmart.
    If you have never had any - it makes a milk pudding. We'll see if I still like it as much as I remember.
    False
  • RE: Does Anyone Remember Junket Rennet Tablets?
    Please elaborate on these. Never heard of them but I am old enough that I probably should have.
    False
    I have 3 old boxes left from 20+ years ago.I guess I saved them for when I got REALLY hungry.lol.I also have a tube of cheese rennet tablets for when I made Cheddar cheese from raw milk back in the mid-70's.They won't work on homogenized milk, I've been told.I've kept them around all these years in the box I keep my all my boxes of Jello and pudding mixes.Some of those might be debatable too.I know some are left from my childcare business days.

Wow!Maybe I need to clean out that cabinet in the pantry.Wonder what company Wal-Mart bought out to get those?
    False
    Oh yes, I remember it well. It was my brother's favorite dessert. Sort of slipped and slided down your throat!
    False

I too remember it well. The stawberry was my favorite dessert as a child
    False
    I remember them well; used them often to make custards for my son when he was little. I didn't know they were still available.
    False
    They've continued to be available here for years. A lot of people I know use them to make homemade ice cream.
    False
    I have two boxes in my pantry and use them for ice cream. Never thought to read the box to see whatelse they could be used for! lol
    Cathy
    False
    Cathy "What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" --- W.C. Fields
    Oh, wasn't it a treat when we had this for dessert. Havn't thought of Junket in years, did you get these in a regular Wal_Mart or a super one,Thanks for the memories. Judy
    False

IN GOD WE TRUST

I didn't know that was still around anymore. My MIL used to use it in her homemade ice cream. It was always so good. I never used it tho.

Marilyn
    False
    I used to love them as a little girl. Mom woould let me make a batch myself in the evening. Thought they were off the market. Weren't there vanilla and strawberry flavors? Will have to look for them next time I hit Wally World. Where did you find them, with the other puddings?
    Elizabeth
    False
    DYLAN - I found them at the superWalmart.

They are a tablet that you put into lukewarm milk that has been mixed with sugar and vanilla and then it sets like a soft pudding. As I found out tonight while making mine, you have to be sure that the milk is no hotter than lukewarm and also use whole milk. I used 1% milk and it didn't set up too well. It says on the directions it sets better with whole milk - so I will buy some and try it again. But it tasted wonderful anyway.
    False
    It was a treat for me when we hd Junket for dessert. I LOVED the Maple flavored ones. The Chocolate was good too.

Barb
    False
    If you can't locate this locally, the online store Hometown Favorites carries Junket products:

http://www.hometownfavorites.com/shop/candy_cat.asp?search=junket
    False
    my grandma and mother used junket in their homemade icecream.
    Karla
    False
    Karla