What does lamb taste like? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What does lamb taste like?

Last post Oct 25, 2006 10:03 AM by homesweethome . 14 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
  • What does lamb taste like?
    I saw some at Kroger on sale and thought I'll buy some. Didn't because I didn't know what it would taste like.
    False

Put On A Happy Face

• RE: What does lamb taste like?
    Forgot to mention that it was ground lamb.
    False

Put On A Happy Face

I never prepared lamb. It just does not appeal to me I guess and I know for certain that DH doesn't care for it either. Sorry!!
    False
    It tastes baaaaaaad!

Sorry couldn't resist.
    The only way that I've ever had lamb was in gyros and it's been so many years that I really can't remember what it tasted like.

John
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    Thank you Mary and John.

John, your a baaaaad boy! LOL
    False

Put On A Happy Face

I love lamb but its hard to describe..its a unique taste but good lamb is not too strong, sort of like beef or pork with a little twist!..many people have had Mutton not lamb and that is strong and not pleasant,often fatty! Its very good with garlic , I don't like it w/ mint jelly, I especially like it on the grill..I use butterflied leg of lamb but also like ground lamb burgers.I hope you give it a try...
    False
    Thank you Sue.
    False

Put On A Happy Face

I have never had ground lamb, but if you get TOH, they had a very interesting sounding recipe for gyro meatloaf. I just haven't gotten around to trying it yet.
    False
    I agree with Soupersue. I like lamb. But I grew up eating lamb. My MIL used to mix ground lamb with ground beef to make burgers. They used to raise and butcher lambs and that was her way to use up the ground lamb. Carol
    False

Carol

I would say it tastes kinda like pork steak.
    False
    Lamb!
    Heh! Heh! He!
    Sorry!
    I'm being a smart ass..but as they say it's better 2 be a smart ass
    than a dumb ass! :0
    False
    We had lamb today. DH made lamb shanks. I like lamb. Quite frankly, I guess it tastes a lot like venison.
    False
    'A true friend is someone who knows you're a good egg even if you're a little cracked.'
    I don't like lamb, or mutton, whatever you call it. I guess lamb is from the younger sheep, and mutton must be from the older ones.

We bought a lamb, and had it butchered, when we got our first deep freezer. I was pregnant with our 2nd child. I was sick of lamb by the 2nd time I ate it, and could not stand it after that. I couldn't even stand to smell it cooking.

Margaret

False

If your spirit is grateful and humble / your tongue won't constantly grumble.
    Well, I really like the taste of lamb. It has a very unique flavor. If you like stew, you really must try the old Irish lamb stew. My biggest problem with lamb is the expense. Occasionally, however, if one keeps an eye out, a very good deal can be found. That's when I pig out on lamb:)

Here's a couple links that provide some insight:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0860/is_n8_v51/ai_7746823

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=117#descr
    False
    Thank y'all for the imput on lamb.
    I had vension once and I think I liked it.
    AA8OF, Thank you for the links.
    False

Put On A Happy Face