Need Help with Leftover Chocolate Fountain Chocolate | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Need Help with Leftover Chocolate Fountain Chocolate

Last post Nov 04, 2006 7:37 PM by cjnaspensmom_UT . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Need Help with Leftover Chocolate Fountain Chocolate
    Hello everyone, I have about 1 - 1 1/2 quarts of chocolate left over from a chocolate fountain that we used at a recent reception. My question is what can I do with it? Can I make something else out of it? It is chocolate chips with oil melted into it. I have it in the fridge now. Please let me know if you have a recipe for something I can make out of it. I hate to waste it.

Thanks in advance
    Carole
    False
  • RE: Need Help with Leftover Chocolate Fountain Chocolate
    I would just drink it!!!! (I would too! I LOVE chocolate!) Good thing it's not at my house. :)

Seriously, this would be good to drizzle over slices of pound cake, dip sugar cookies into, dip pretzel rods into, make buckeyes candy......

Use it for the "drizzle" in this recipe:

Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate Cake

1 Devil's Food cakemix
    1 small box instant chocolate pudding
    4 eggs
    1/2 C. vegetable oil
    1/2 C. rum
    1/2 C. fresh-brewed coffee
    1 C. sour cream
    12 oz. chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients until well blended. Pour into a greased bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes. Cool in the pan for 20 minutes before turning out. Pour Chocolate drizzle over the top.

Chocolate Drizzle

1/2 C. chocolate chips
    2 T. margarine
    1 T. light corn syrup

Heat together until melted. Cool slightly and "drizzle" over cake.

~Teri
    False

Use it to dip the Buckeyes into:

Bird's-Eye's Bodacious Buckeye Balls

1 1/2c. creamy peanut butter
    1 stick margarine
    16oz. confectioners sugar
    1tsp. vanilla
    16oz. semisweet chocolate
    1tbs. Crisco
    In lg. mixing bowl, mix pb and margarine. Add sugar and vanilla. Mix into dough. Pinch dough and roll into small balls. Place on wax paper on a cookie sheet and refrigerate while melting chocolate. Melt chocolate and Crisco. Remove dough from fridge. Using toothpicks, dip dough balls into choc. mixture. Return to wax paper on cookie sheet and refrigerate 1 hour.
    False

Thanks for the recipes, I could drink it also, I love Chocolate. We have dipped everything we could in it and I still have some left. I think I will try the buck eyes hopefully this weekend.

Carole
    False
    You could do frozen banana pops Freeze half of bananas with sticks inserted in bottom until solid (a couple of hours. Dip iin melted chocolate. If desired roll in topping of choice, sprinkles, nuts, coconut etc. Place back in freezer until set.

You could also have a chocolate fondue party. Invite some women over, rent a chick flick and gorge on chocolate.
    False
    Make dipped pretzel rods as gifts for friends and family. Just dip and roll in toppings like sprinkles, crushed candy cane, nuts. Wrap a handful together with a ribbon and give away. (Or save to eat)

Make Cocoa spoons. Dip plastic spoons in chocolate and add toppings or leave plain. Place in little bag and they are cocoa or coffee flavoring spoons. I have seen them with crushed candy cane on them to flavor coffee and cocoa. You could do what ever with them though
    False