Lemon Drop Bark | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Lemon Drop Bark

Last post Feb 16, 2007 4:53 PM by lnzpooper . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • Lemon Drop Bark
    I recently saw a post about a bark using lemon drops and white almond bark. I can't find it now. Can someone help me out, please?
    False
  • RE: Lemon Drop Bark
    I imagine it is similar to this one. I tend to change the ingredients each year depending on what is available. I have used the white almond bark with this one.

Peppermint Bark

1 package white candy coating
    6 candy canes

Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Crush candy canes or candy into very small pieces.

Melt candy coating in a bowl in microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and microwave another 30 seconds.

Pour crushed candy canes into melted coating and stir quickly only until candy canes are coated.

Pour the mixture onto the wax paper. Spread into a semi-thin layer and let cool.

When the mixture is firm, break into pieces.

Place in air tight containers or baggies.

The candy hardens pretty quickly but if you want it SUPER FAST, put it in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes.

Yield:
    "1 pound"

NOTES : 1 package of white candy coating usually comes in a 1 lb (.5 kg) block in the chocolate chip section) OR 12 oz. White Baking Chips by Nestles OR white almond bark bu Ghiaradeli.

False
    Is this what you are looking for?

Lemon Bark

1 (12 ounce) bag white chocolate chips or equal amount of bar white chocolate (I try to use the best brand I can afford)
    1/4-1/2 cup lemon drops candies, broken into smallish pieces

1. Melt white chocolate in microwave till liquid and smooth.
    2. Add broken lemon drops and mix gently to combine.
    3. Pour onto cookie sheet and spread to about 1/4 inch or so thickness (I always line it with parchement!).
    4. Allow to cool until hardened and break into pieces.
    5. Enjoy.

False
    Maybe this is it? Lemon Tickle?

RE: Cinbarra can I please get the recipe for the LemonTickle that....
    Posted by: Cinbarra_35_ Posted on: 12/10/2004 11:06:22 PM
    #R4854155
    This is an easy one ladies, I just gave it a fancy name!:)

1 24 oz. package white almond bark
    1 10 oz. package of Brach's Lemon Drops, crushed.

Melt bark, add crushed lemon drops, mix well, spread on cookie sheet to desired thickness, let harden in fridge, break into pieces.

I too love this stuff, and make it with cherry and orange drops as well. I have also made it with crushed rootbeer barrels, tastes like a float!:)
    False
    Thanks, everyone! You came through so quickly. I'm off to the kitchen to start trying these recipes out.

Joyce
    False
    Posted by: Cinbarra_35_ Posted on: 12/10/2004 11:06:22 PM
    #R4854155
    This is an easy one ladies, I just gave it a fancy name!:)

1 24 oz. package white almond bark
    1 10 oz. package of Brach's Lemon Drops, crushed.

Melt bark, add crushed lemon drops, mix well, spread on cookie sheet to desired thickness, let harden in fridge, break into pieces.

I too love this stuff, and make it with cherry and orange drops as well. I have also made it with crushed rootbeer barrels, tastes like a float!:)
    False
    The things you can learn here. Just what is "white candy coating" Never heard of it or seen it in my stores here in South Florida and I am old.
    False
    ok4me

It's white almond bark. You can find it at any grocery store or walmart.
    False
    PS they also have chocolate
    False
    ok4me, you will find it near the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, etc. It's in a block form - chocolate or white. I've seen some that were butterscotch. You can melt it either in a double boiler or microwave.

cilla/NW FL
    False

cilla / NW FL

bump for Ed
    False
    :)
    False