Freeze Fresh Mozzarella Cheese? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Freeze Fresh Mozzarella Cheese?

Last post Nov 10, 2006 8:45 PM by unclegrandpa . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Freeze Fresh Mozzarella Cheese?
    I have quite a bit of fresh mozzarella cheese that is soon outdated. Can I freeze it? Will it lose quality? Thanks so much I really appriciate you help.
    False
  • RE: Freeze Fresh Mozzarella Cheese?
    I freeze mozzarella all the time - only if I won't be eating it plain after it's defrosted. I use it in italian cooked pasta dishes once defrosted with no problem at all. Just slice or chop it up while it's still a little frozen or it's too "mushy" to work with.
    False
    Thanks so much for the quick reply. I thought it would be ok to freeze but wanted someone with experience on the subject. Thanks so much ToniTNY
    Bruce
    False
    I buy the double packs of fresh mozzarella at Costco and immediately put one of them into the freezer every time. I take it out later and let it thaw in the package and it's perfect - whether I'm cooking with it or slicing and dicing for a pasta salad. It's never changed texture.
    False
    that is good news Merritt Thanks alot
    Bruce
    False
    Never have frozen it, but its on frozen pizza so there should not be a problem. Judy
    False

IN GOD WE TRUST

Judy, Thanks I was more worried about changing texture and quality. Thanks for the reply
    Bruce
    False