Can I freeze chocolate/pecan pie? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can I freeze chocolate/pecan pie?

Last post Nov 20, 2006 9:51 AM by patatyahoo . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Can I freeze chocolate/pecan pie?
    I'm making a pecan pie that has chocolate chunks and toasted coconut in it. Would like to make ahead and freeze. Does anyone know if this would be OK? If so, should I cook it first, not cook it, or cook halfway? Thanks! Pat
    False
  • RE: Can I freeze chocolate/pecan pie?
    I can only tell you that this past week we went to the Amish area in Lancaster, PA. I bought a delicious
    home-made pecan pie for Thanksgiving which the Amish baker said freezes very well. She said fruit pies do not freeze as well as this. I double-wrapped it first.
    Rosemary
    False
    all the pies in the grocery store are frozen.... :)
    False
    Will you please post your recipe for?
    False
    Sorry...please post your recipe for chocolate pecan pie? Sounds interesting.
    False
    Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your request. I haven't been on the computer all weekend and didn't see your question until this morning. I did make the pie- I got the top a little browner than I wanted, but it looks and smells heavenly. Would recommend putting foil on top the last 1/2 hour. Here's the recipe:

1 Deep dish pie crust
    1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
    1 cup sugar
    1 cup light corn syrup
    4 large eggs, lightly beaten
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 cups pecan halves
    1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
    3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chunks or morsels

Stir together butter and next 5 ingredients. Stir well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into piecrust.
    Bake at 325* for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Hope you enjoy! (I actually made 2 pies by doubling the recipe. Most of the ingredients I bought easily made both pies.) Pat
    False