ISO: Old Pear Salad w/shredded cheese | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: Old Pear Salad w/shredded cheese

Last post Nov 19, 2006 4:04 PM by Kleines . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • ISO: Old Pear Salad w/shredded cheese
    This is something my daughter is looking for, she said she had it at school. It is a canned pear half filled with mayo and shredded cheese?? Is that it? Has anyone ever heard of this?
    Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.
    marie
    False
  • RE: ISO: Old Pear Salad w/shredded cheese
    DD's favorite salad..and yes it's a pear half on a plate. Fill the hole with mayonnaise and top with shredded chedder cheese. Sometimes the simpliest things are so good. I usually use 2 halves and place on lettuce leaves.
    False
    Thats it. I have eaten it with pears, peaches,and pineapple rings. It is just a spoon of mayo in the center with shredded cheese on top, usually served on lettuce leaf with cherry on top of the cheese. Very good quick salad for unexpected company.
    Ruby
    False

That's it, lol. DH loves them with pears or pineapple slices. For the "fancy deluxe" version, put it on a lettuce leaf and top it with a maraschino cherry!

False
    Yumm....haven't had this in a while. I love it!

Yes - canned pear halves.
    False
    Pear Salad II

Submitted by: BAMACHICKKP9
    Rated: 4 out of 5 by 5 members (4 stars)
    Source:Allrecipes.com
    Prep Time: 10 Minutes
    Ready In: 10 Minutes
    Yields: 6 servings

"Sweet and delightful! Pears are filled with mayonnaise and cheese, then topped off with a festive cherry. A sure party pleaser."

Ingredients:

1 (16 ounce) can pear halves,
    drained
    1/4 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup shredded Cheddar
    cheese
    6 maraschino cherries

1. Place the pear halves on a plate cut side up. Place a spoonful of mayonnaise into the pit of each one. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the top of the mayonnaise. Top each one with a whole cherry.

False
    Life is like an onion, you peel off one layer at a time & sometimes you weep.
    We used to put cottage cheese in our canned pear halves and put shredded cheese on top and cherry half at last moment, as the red juice from the cherry will "bleed" into the mayonnaise or cottage cheese.
    False
    Life is like an onion, you peel off one layer at a time & sometimes you weep.
    Thank you all so much, she is tickled pink. I don't quite understand why she could not figure it out if that is all it consisted of.
    Marie
    False