Can I freeze homemade alfredo sauce? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can I freeze homemade alfredo sauce?

Last post Nov 20, 2006 8:43 PM by mehall . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Can I freeze homemade alfredo sauce?
    I made gallons of it for a Wedding reception this weekend. It has butter and lots of heavy cream. Can I freeze this? Or will it not be thick when I thaw? HELP!
    False
  • RE: Can I freeze homemade alfredo sauce?
    hi Swee Treats,
    Yes, you can freeze your sauce. Let me tell you something- the alfredo sauce at Olive Garden is frozen and all they do is thaw it.
    Make sure your sauce is in freezer ziploc bags and then when you go to thaw it, just put it in the sink with water and let it float. It will thaw on its own. Be careful when opening it, you don't want to spill all of your hard work into the wrong place (this is because it's in a bag- has nothing to do with freezing).
    False
    oh ys, forgot something- it will be just fine when you thaw it. Like you made it that day. Just reheat and serve as you normally would. Don't tell a soul- they'll never know. Good idea to make ahead like this and freeze.
    False
    The Olive Garden recipe is the one I made. Thanks,

Jude
    False
    The Olive Garden recipe is the one I made. Thanks,

Jude
    False
    I would line a pan and our the sauce in it and freeze. Remove the mold from the pan and then wrap and seal. If you have a vaccume saver use it. If ice gets in the bag the sauce will have an off flavor so you want to get the bag as empty as you can. I used to seal the ziplock all the way except for a straw. Then I sucked the air out. I know it sounds funny, but it allowed me to freeze certain items for a little longer. (before my vaccume saver that is. lol)

How much do you have left?
    False
    Hi Jude,
    You could send Sara some!
    Hugs,
    Marie
    False