Anyone ever heard of a hard boiled egg baked inside of a hamburger patty? I need the recipe please. | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Anyone ever heard of a hard boiled egg baked inside of a hamburger patty? I need the recipe please.

Last post Nov 29, 2006 1:26 AM by BluesMary . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Anyone ever heard of a hard boiled egg baked inside of a hamburger patty? I need the recipe please.
    A co-worker was telling us about this great tasting but wierd dish. Her aunt makes it but she never parts with recipes. Can you help me get it for her? thanks in advance.
    False
  • RE: Anyone ever heard of a hard boiled egg baked inside of a hamburger patty? I need the recipe please.
    I don't know if this will help,I have made a meatloaf, just your normal recipe and put hard boiled eggs in the middle then Bake it. It is very nice and tasty, you can have a B B Q sauce over the top when it is Baking. Good luck
    Bren
    False

Click for Geelong, Victoria Forecast

• RE: Anyone ever heard of a hard boiled egg baked inside of a hamburger patty? I need the recipe please.
    I haven't ever heard of it. Sounds neat!

Angie
    False
    Hugs, Angie Visit my blog http://5kidsmyhusbandandme.blogspot.com/
    They are called Scotch Eggs... also made with pork sausage meat. They are British. We take them on picnics.
    You can look them up in Google - my family has made them for years but there is no ' recipe' sorry.
    Penny
    False
    Cut & paste this...even has a picture!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/scotch-eggs/detail.aspx

1 quart oil for frying
    4 eggs
    2 pounds pork sausage
    4 cups dried bread crumbs, seasoned
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    4 eggs, beaten
    DIRECTIONS
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    Place eggs in saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs sit in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
    Flatten the sausage and make a patty to surround each egg. Very lightly flour the sausage and coat with beaten egg. Roll in bread crumbs to cover evenly.
    Deep fry until golden brown, or pan fry while making sure each side is well cooked. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
    Cut in half and serve over a bed of lettuce and sliced tomatoes for garnish. If mustard is desired it looks beautiful over this.
    False

cilla / NW FL  

Newsletter Clipart:

Here's another one...

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/scotch-eggs-2/detail.aspx
    False

cilla / NW FL  

Newsletter Clipart:

Argentinean Steakloaf
    Recipe from Everybody Loves Meatloaf by Melanie Barnard

Ingredients:

1 Tbs. olive oil
    1 onion, chopped
    1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
    1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 tsp. dried hot pepper flakes
    1-1/2 lbs. ground sirloin or lean ground chuck
    One10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of all excess moisture
    1 cup firm fresh white bread crumbs
    1/4 cup milk
    1 egg
    1 Tbs. grated orange zest
    1 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dried
    1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
    4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large skillet, heat the oil and cook the onion and both bell peppers over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and pepper flakes and cook 1 minute.

In a large mixing bowl, use your hands to gently but thoroughly combine the meat, spinach, bread crumbs, milk, egg, orange zest, oregano, pepper sauce and cooked vegetables. Pat half of the meatloaf mixture into a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. Arrange eggs in a lengthwise row down the center, then pat the rest of the meatloaf mixture around and over the eggs.

Bake until the loaf is firm, the top is nicely browned and a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf registers 155 degrees, about 1 hour. Let the meatloaf stand for 10 minutes in the pan before slicing to serve hot.

Note: The loaf slices prettily to show hard-cooked eggs that have been encased and insulated by the meat mixture during baking.

Serves: 6

False
    Meatloaf, Surprise I (M, TNT)
    Source: My mother's comfort food recipe
    Serves: 6 to 8
    For the meat:
    2 lbs. lean chop meat
    2 eggs
    Grated small onion
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Water to make the meat smoother and softer
    Bread crumbs or matzo meal (yesterday, I used flavored breadcrumbs)
    2 shelled hard-boiled eggs

For the pan:
    1 large chopped onion on bottom of Dutch Oven
    Garlic powder
    Paprika
    Tomato sauce (I used tomato sauce with mushrooms) mixed with a little water, enough to make a looser sauce

Form the meat loaf and leave spaces to put the hard boiled eggs into the meat. Then cover the hard-boiled eggs with the meat so that you cannot see that the eggs are there. Sprinkle paprika over the meatloaf and pour the sauce over the meat.

Bake covered at 375°F for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes. Yesterday, I added parboiled potatoes which I made sure were covered with the sauce.

Posted by Omi Cantor

False
    Surprise Meat Loaf

1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup mix
    2 eggs, slightly beaten
    1/4 cup ketchup
    3/4 cup warm water
    1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
    2 lbs. ground beef
    4 hard cooked eggs

Preheat oven to 375. Combine soup mix, beaten eggs, ketchup and water; add bread crumbs and mix well. Spread half the mixture in a 9x5x3" loaf pan.Press hard cooked eggs lightly into center of meat mixture, arranging end to end; cover with remaining meat mixture. Bake for one hour or until done.
    False