Miracle Fudge (only 2 ingredients!) | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Miracle Fudge (only 2 ingredients!)

Last post Dec 22, 2009 6:30 PM by PeterpatchNana . 111 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 4 of 8 (112 items) < First23456Last >
  • RE: Miracle Fudge (only 2 ingredients!)
    kayth, I would think the white choc chips would be good with lemon frosting. I would suppose you'll have to be careful of anything else because of what color fudge you might end up with! Let us know what you do and how it turns out.

Pat
    False
    Pat:

Thanks. The white chips with the lemon frosting are delicious. Of course, I had to add coconut and mini-marshmallows and chow mein noodles for crunch. (I can't eat nuts.) It just tastes so light and fluffy!
    False
    Bumping for later . . . . this is a MUST try! Thanks for posting!
    False
    Do you mix the chips and the frosting together and melt??
    False
    hvacwife, hope you get an answer to your question, I am also wondering if you melt both frosting and chips together. Judy
    False

IN GOD WE TRUST

I put the frosting in the bowl, dumped the chips on top, and melted. I also used Release foil in the pan with great results. No cleanup other than the bowl and spoon! This stuff is fantastic!!! I took some to school today after reading the recipe last night. I can't wait to try some new combinations!!!
    False
    Another thing I like about it is that it does not get all soft after it's been out for a while. It holds up really well, and it didn't dry out, either.
    False
    Yep. You put the frosting and the chips in a bowl and microwave it all together. My mom has an old microwave, so hers took 4 minutes. Mine took two minutes.
    Isn't this a simple recipe? And it's so good! Even I can make fudge now!

~Teri
    False

Well, I HAD to try this. I used the chocolate frosting with choc. chips and added big chunks of broken walnuts and mini-marshmallows (Rocky Road). My family said it was "okay" and that I should be sure and make my regular fudge(Fanny Farmer Fudge) for Christmas. Nice to have as a quick and easy back up.
    Tubs of frosting are on sale here this week for a buck each so I have a couple other flavor combos I want to try yet.

Tippytoes
    False
    I have tried peanut butter fudge made using Jif peanut butter and a tub of vanilla frosting. Pretty tasty! Makes a nice creamy fudge
    False
    The great thing about this fudge is the add ins and variations are endless. I love making these.

Here's one I make:

Candy Cane Fudge

1 package vanilla milk chips
    1 can Pillsbury Vanilla Creamy Supreme Icing
    1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
    4 drops of red food coloring
    2 Tablespoons of peppermint candy canes (chopped)

Put vanilla chips in pan on the stove at medium heat. Continue stirring until the chips have melted. Add icing to pan and continue stirring. Take off heat and add peppermint extract until dissolved. Pour mixture into a pan. Take food coloring and add one drop in each corner of pan. Take butter knife and begin stirring until the food coloring has been swirled into the fudge. Add chopped peppermint pieces to top of fudge. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until the fudge has harden. Cut into small pieces.

False
    bump -- thanks!
    False
    These all sound so good I will be making some of these for gifts as well as for myself. Thanks
    Ruth
    False
    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal Love leaves precious Memories no one can steal God Bless our Troops and emergency workers.
    Clayfan, how much jif did you use with your vanilla frosting?
    Thanks
    Betty
    False
    Has anyone tried this with the fluffy whipped frosting? Do you think it would work?
    Betty
    False