ISO what to do with eye of round -thin | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO what to do with eye of round -thin

Last post Nov 30, 2006 5:59 AM by zenda . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • ISO what to do with eye of round -thin
    looking for a way to fix it. quick and easy would be best. Thanks Zenda
    False
  • RE: ISO what to do with eye of round -thin
    MAGIC EYE OF ROUND

1 (4 1/2 lb.) beef eye round roast
    1 jar brown mustard
    Kosher salt

Cover all sides and ends with mustard. Press salt all around until no mustard is showing.
    Bake at 350 degrees. Use meat thermometer. About 50 minutes for medium. Let set 20 minutes. Crack and discard salt. Carve. Use same method for smaller roast.

False
    You are welcome to visit my blog...http://cherryblossomtable.blogspot.com/
    Thank you so much Twinkle 30. That sounds absolutely wonderful. zenda
    False
    Zenda,

My 9 and 33(hehehe) year old love to have theirs marinated in worstershire and a little lemon juice and then just cooked in an electric skillet.

I just sprinkle on the lemon juice to open the pores, cover it with worstershire and leave it in the fridge all day. Heat the electric skillet with a little of the marinade and cook it medium heat until done. Takes about 10 minutes.

Really good and no extra added fat.

Last time I made this I had 12 eye of round steaks and they were gone in no time.

HTH
    Nikkie
    False
    Cheddar Creamed Steak
    2 lb round (or even "Minute Steak")pound with a meat mallet to tenderize and help flatten a bit .....cut into serving sized pieces

Dip meat into a mixture of 3/4-1 cup flour, 1 1/2 tsp salt ,1/2 tsp garlic powder

Heat 1/4 cup cooking oil in an oven safe frying pan.Brown steak on both sides. Add 2 cups Hot water .

Cover oven safe frying pan with a cookie sheet to hold in moisture) I never waste foil for this ) and bake at 325 40-65 min until fork tender .

Remove from oven .Quickly stir in 3/4 cup Medium to Old... Grated or shredded Cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup sour cream (I prefer Fat free Breakstones brand)

Heat through Quickly and serve with noodles rice or mashed potatoes as this recipe makes it's own Cheesy Gravy!

I like to serve this dish with a sprig of fresh Rosemary or a little Dillweed over top for color. Sometimes some additional grated cheddar.Good , reliable comfort food.!

Alliea
    False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

Nikki very quick and easy Thanks that's probably what I'll do. zenda
    False
    I made a Cheesesteak PoBoy a little while back and reviewed it:

Subject: Rec & Review: Cheesesteak Po Boy- Emeril Lagasse
    Posted by: JMartinelli13 Replies: 12 Posted on: 11/13/2006 5:33:46 PM
    #T759781
    Have had this kicking around forever and a day. Got some nice thin sliced round steak this week, and decided to make them up. YUMMY and easy!

Enjoy!
    Jolene

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cheesesteak Po'Boy

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    6 super-thin slices beef
    2 teaspoons oil
    Salt and pepper
    French loaf -- split
    3 slices mozzarella cheese -- *used shredded Mozz/provolone mix
    1 cup very thinly-sliced onions -- * Also added 1/2 sliced red pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a very hot skillet sear beef in 1 teaspoon of oil, about 30 seconds per side, or until just browned. Season with salt and black pepper. Stuff meat into open bread loaf. Top with cheese and bake until bread is slightly crispy and cheese is melted. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in the same skillet and saute onions until tender. When sandwich is ready, top sandwich with onions. Serve with potato chips.

Yield: 1 serving

NOTES : Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
    False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

Alliea this does sound really good but no time to try this time. I will at a later date. Thank you again Zenda
    False
    All of these sound wonderful. I'm going to have to get more round just to try these ideas. Thank you all for your replies. Zenda
    False