How to cook a Hormel Pork Tenderloin | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How to cook a Hormel Pork Tenderloin

Last post Feb 21, 2004 9:59 AM by Ludy68 . 13 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
  • How to cook a Hormel Pork Tenderloin
    Just got a couple at the store (buy one get one free) and have no idea how to cook them to get the best result. Any ideas that have worked for you?

Gail
    False
  • RE: How to cook a Hormel Pork Tenderloin
    Here's what works for me. Simple but very good. I always wash the tendeloin first, pat it dry, coat it well with oil. Then I do the seasonings. I place the fatty side up, by the way. Put salt, pepper, garlic, and marjoram on top. Place in a 350 degree oven, uncovered, and bake until done (depends on the size of your tenderloin)...I love the crunchy crust that is on these baked this way.

Can I come over for dinner????? Ha ha ha..

Jacqueline
    False
    I'm definitely not an expert with pork tenderloin, but I've had great luck with just putting it in the crockpot and add cream of mushroom soup. Let it cook all day and it will fall apart. Depending on how big the tenderloin is, you might add 2 cans. Then I've sliced up, put back in the crockpot and serve over noodle. You could add a little sour cream at the end too.
    This is one I just tried and it came out good.

PORK CUTLETS PARMESAN

1. Slice 12 oz pork tenderloin into 12 rounds. Place rounds between 2 sheets of plastic wrap: with a meat mallet, pound to 1/8 inch thick.
    2. In a shallow bowl, beat 2 large egg whites with 1 tbsp water. In another bowl, combine 1/4 cup each plain-dried breadcrumbs and grated parmesan. Place 3 tbsp all-purpose flour in a third bowl. Season pork with coarse salt. Dip in flour, then in egg mixture. Dredge in breadcrumb mixture; pat in.
    3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté half the cutlets until golden brown and cooked through, about 1 minute per side. Repeat with another tbsp of oil and remaining pork. Serve with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.
    I'm not sure which magazine I cut out of. I thought it was Kraft, but it doesn't mention their name so?
    Servings: 4
    This sounds like it would be good on chicken too.
    Per serving: 254 calories, 13.3g fat, 22.7g protein, 9.7g carbohydrates, 0.4 g fiber
    False
    Is it a marinated one or just plain?

~~susie.
    False

Hi there, I either bake it or throw it on the grill. I buy the kind that are already seasoned and they are terrific. I think you will like it either way. Good luck, K Ohio
    False
    Thanks all!
    I actually bought one that is plain and one that is peppercorn seasoned. I'm looking forward to trying these. We haven't had a pork roast or tenderloin in years.

Gail
    False
    yep! just got back from kroger for the bogo pork. here is what i am doing with mine:

Pastry Wrapped Pork Tenderloin

1 package ALWAYS TENDER® peppercorn pork tenderloin
    1 (17 1/4-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets thawed
    1 egg beaten

Cook pork according to package label directions. Cool to room temperature. Heat oven to 400F. Place tenderloin in center of each puff pastry sheet. Brush edges of pastry with egg. Bring edges together and press to seal. Fold under ends. Place each pastry-wrapped tenderloin on baking sheet seam-side down. Brush with remaining egg. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.

False
    I am so "hooked" on these pork tenderloins I can't tell you. I had so many for a while that I had to lay off for a while. If they are already seasoned I just put them in the oven or on the grill and no need to do anything else. I love the idea of putting them in a pastry sheet! How impressive is that for company? Only one question though - - you have to thaw all these sheets out and then what do you do with the rest? Remember, I am alone. The tenderloins are also great for sandwiches which I forgot to mention above!! Have a g reat day all!!
    False
    I've seen those at WalMart and wondered how you would fix them. I would like to hear more suggestions. I've noticed there are several different seasonings but didn't know there was a plain one.
    False
    Click for Red House, West Virginia Forecast Bailey
    The Pastry Wrapped Pork Tenderloin sounds great. Did it come out as good as it sounds?
    Any more great ideas?
    Thanks.
    Jill
    False
    How long on average do you bake them? As I remember they only have to bake for about 45 minutes.
    False
    This really does lives up to the name! It was so delicious I cannot even begin to brag enough. My daughter and I were rolling around and moaning it was so good! I used orange juice instead of the dry sherry and I even ended up letting it sit in the marinade for two days because something came up the night I was going to cook it and I had to hold off. It was so juicy and tender I couldn't believe it. I cooked it exactly 25 minutes but I could have cooked it a few minutes less for a little bit pinker middle. It was so good we didn't even use any sauces.

Star, thank you, thank you for sharing this with us!!!

Posted by: starshineeliz Posted on: 12/31/2003 1:54:04 PM
    #R2744238
    Cha Shao (Divine Pork Tenderloin)

4 T. soy sauce
    3 T. pale dry sherry (I used orange juice)
    3 T. hoisin sauce
    2 T. oil
    4 t. honey
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/2 t. salt
    3 drops red food coloring (I skipped this)
    2 pork tenderloins (1 1/2-2 pounds each)

Mix all ingredients except pork tenderloins in bowl. Mix well. Put
    tenderloins in glass baking dish. Pour marinade over all. Marinate 3 hours,
    turning
    every 30 minutes. (I marinate mine overnight with the same great results.)
    Remove
    meat from marinade. Put on rack in roasting pan. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes.
    Brush on all sides with marinade. Turn meat over and roast 15 minutes more. Cut into slices and
    serve with plum sauce and Chinese hot mustard.

Jaxon's note: I just mixed the marinade in a one gallon zip lock baggie and dropped the tenderloins in. No bowl to clean up! Then I just squished it around a bit every time I opened the fridge. Couldn't be easier.
    False
    Pork Tenderloin is my favorite meat. It cooks very fast too, 25 minutes in a hot oven and it's done to perfection. This is one cut of pork that it is perfectly fine to have a little pink in the middle. It is the most moist and tender meat when cooked quick and hot like the recipe above.

I have heard of people putting them in the crock pot but to me it is like putting filet mignon in the crockpot. It is already the most tender meat, why cook the life out of it the way you would a tougher old roast?

It also absorbs marinades beautifully. If you slice it thin and pound it flat for scallopini it will literally melt in your mouth. There are so many delicious recipes for this cut of meat.

Bon Appetite!

False
    Thank you! Maybe in the past, I have cooked mine to long.
    False