How long to keep biscuit dough? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How long to keep biscuit dough?

Last post Dec 22, 2006 6:42 PM by cooking71 . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • How long to keep biscuit dough?
    I am not talking about the store bought stuff in a can. (or whump biscuits as a friend calls them) I mean homemade biscuit dough. If I made it tonight, how long would it last in a ziplock bag? I don't think it would go rancid, I just wondered about how long it would stay good texture.
    False
  • RE: How long to keep biscuit dough?
    bump
    False
    Does anyone make it ahead of time on the weekend?
    False
    I just use the whump kind, sorry can't help you but this willbump it up and maybe someone will see it that can help
    False
    bump
    False
    False
    I make biscuits a lot; one of my favorite things to eat. Personally, I don't think the regular biscuit dough would keep long, however, if you made the Angel Biscuits (you know the kind with yeast in them) the dough will keep several days in the refrigerator. Good luck.
    False
    Because baking powder has a very short rising or active period I would guess that, if you stored it overnight, the biscuits would come out like hockey pucks with no oven bounce.
    False
    The dough won't last very well for more than a day. But if you go ahead and bake them just until they start to brown, you can turn them into Brown'n'Serve biscuits. Let them cool completely, wrap tightly, and store in the fridge for 4 or 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to use them, put them into a 425° oven and bake until they are as brown as you like. They will taste freshly made. I do this with rolls, biscuits, and cornbread muffins all the time.
    False
    Thank you I appreciate the responses. I suspected that with the dough but thought it might be worth asking.
    False