Do you cover your lasagna to bake it? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Do you cover your lasagna to bake it?

Last post Dec 29, 2006 6:51 AM by Alliea . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Do you cover your lasagna to bake it?
    I can't remember if i should cover my lasagna ...can someone please tell me.
    False
  • RE: Do you cover your lasagna to bake it?
    I do and then at end if it is not brown I will uncover just to brown cheese
    False
    thanks
    False
    I do the same as Magnetqueen, bake covered and uncover at the end to brown the cheese. It keeps the noodles from drying out at the top. :)
    ~Muril~
    False

~Muril~
    I do because I like it moist. If I bake uncovered the noodle edges get very hard. Taking the foil off the last few min will give it a nice golden color without drying it out.
    Karla
    False
    Karla
    I do because I like it moist. If I bake uncovered the noodle edges get very hard. Taking the foil off the last few min will give it a nice golden color without drying it out.
    Karla
    False
    Karla
    yes for about 45 minutes, then bake 15 minutes uncovered and I also place it on a jelly roll pan to catch drips....never fails when I forget the oven bottom is covered with drips...LOL...usually just after I have cleaned the oven too...
    False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

I don't put on that top layer of cheese and cover it with tin foil. When it is nearly done I take off the cover, sprinkle the cheese and bake till it melts. if you do use the tin foil with cheese on it, lightly spray the foil with oil so the cheese does not stick.
    False
    I always put a flat cookie sheet over my Lasagna pan.....saves on foil and is simple.

Near the end of the baking time I remove the pan and also sprinkle on some additional shredded cheese.
    False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009