ISO: Shortbread Cookie Recipe Just Like Lorna Doones | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: Shortbread Cookie Recipe Just Like Lorna Doones

Last post Dec 31, 2006 12:19 PM by chefly . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • ISO: Shortbread Cookie Recipe Just Like Lorna Doones
    I need to make some shortbread cookies that are just like Lorna Doone cookies because the real Lorna Doone cookies have trans fats and others I've seen ate the store either have real butter or eggs. My vegan SDD won't eat either, but I can bake some using non-dairy "butter".

Could you post your shortbread cookie recipe that is a copycat type for Loran Doone cookies. (It must be crisp like that, not a melt in your mouth type.) Thanks so much.
    chefly
    False
  • RE: ISO: Shortbread Cookie Recipe Just Like Lorna Doones
    ~~Janie~~
    False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

bump
    False
    Hi....Chefly I went to google and did a search under vegan shortbread cookie recipe and several came up. Give it a try and maybe one of them will work for you.

Barb
    False
    thanks Barb, I did make some but didn't taste them baked. They don't look like they have the texture of Lorna Doone, but will have to work.
    chefly
    False
    Chefly,

How does this recipe sound to you?

Potato Leek Soup With Cheese
    This is a nice, thick, creamy, tasty soup. Mmmmm! Make sure to serve it with bread for dipping.
    1/4 cup (1/2 stick) soy marg
    1 large leek (white and pale green parts only), thinly sliced
    1 large garlic clove, minced
    4 large potatoes (about 2 1/4 pounds), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
    2 large carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
    4 cups un-chicken or vegetable broth
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried
    3/4 cup soymilk
    4 ounces Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
    1 cup grated soy cheddar cheese (about 3 ounces)
    Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
    Additional grated soy cheddar cheese (optional)

Melt soy marg in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add leek and garlic; sauté until tender but not brown, about 4 minutes. Add potatoes and carrots; sauté 5 minutes longer. Add broth and dill; simmer uncovered until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Add soymilk to soup. Transfer half of soup to blender. Add cream cheese and blend until smooth. Return soup to pot. Add 1 cup grated soy cheddar cheese and stir over low heat. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to large serving bowl. Garnish soup with chopped fresh parsley and additional grated soy cheddar cheese, if desired.
    False
    Life is like an onion, you peel off one layer at a time & sometimes you weep.
    Holly, that sounds wonderful. I've copied it to make soon.
    Thank you.
    chefly
    False