Cake Recipes That Use Orange Cake Mix | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Cake Recipes That Use Orange Cake Mix

Last post Feb 20, 2008 8:43 PM by shoppingaddicctAZ . 28 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 12
  • Cake Recipes That Use Orange Cake Mix
    ORANGE DREAMSICLE CAKE
    PART 1

1 BOX DUNCAN HINES ORANGE SUPREME CAKE MIX
    1 BOX 3OZ ORANGE JELLO
    MIX AND SIFT THESE
    PART 2
    1/3 CUP COOKING OIL OR SOFT MARGARINE
    2 EGGS
    1-1/2 CUP WATER(OR ORANGE JUICE)I USE THE JUICE
    PUT PART 2 ON TOP OF PART 1
    MIX WELL WITH MIXER.

GREASE AND FLOURER CAKE PANS
    BAKE AT 350 DEGREES FOR 20 TO 30 MINUTES OR UNTIL IT COMES LOOSE FROM SIDES.COOL

ICING:
    1 8OZ SOUR CREAM
    1/4 TO1/2 CUP ORANGE JUICE
    1CUP SUGAR
    1 8OZ COOL WHIP
    1 9OZ FROZEN COCONUT(Can Use flake Coconut are leave it out)
    MIX ALL WELL WITH MIXER.AND ICING COOL CAKE.STORE IN REFRIGERATE

Tip: The last time I made the Icing I only used 2 Tablespoons of OJ and it was not runny and when on the cake better.
    False
    In loving memory of Suzy
  • RE: Cake Recipes That Use Orange Cake Mix
    Mandarin Orange Coffee Cake presented by Patrician Bed & Breakfast Inn Email this page to a Friend

1 pkg. Duncan Hines Orange Supreme cake mix
    1 pkg. (4 serving size) Vanilla Instant Pudding
    4 eggs
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    1 11-oz. Mandarin orange & juice
    (Use juice and orange juice to make 1 cup of liquid)

Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour 10-inch Bundt pan.

Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil and one cup juice. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Add Mandarin ornages in the last 30 seconds. Pour in pan. Bake 38 to 43 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes. Invert onto plate and dust with powdered sugar. Serves 8-12

False
    In loving memory of Suzy
    Quick, Easy -N- Fast Recipes Orange Cake Roll Recipe

1 orange cake mix
    1/2 C. sour cream
    2 eggs
    1 can (21 oz.) peach pie filling

Topping:
    1 box (3 oz.) instant vanilla pudding
    1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
    1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple
    8 oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed

For the crust: Combine cake mix, sour cream, eggs and peach filling with fork, and pour into an 18 x 13 inch jelly roll pan. Bake at 350°F. for approximately 20 to 30 minutes. Cool.

For topping: Beat pudding into cream cheese. Mix in pineapple. Fold in whipped topping. Spread on cake. Keep refrigerated until served.

False
    In loving memory of Suzy
    BUMP
    False
    In loving memory of Suzy
    This recipe is at least 20 years old and comes from my sister, who is just a great cook.

ORANGE CHEESECAKE
    1 pkg. orange cake mix
    2 t. soft butter
    4 eggs
    2 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
    1/2 c. sugar
    1 1/2 c. milk
    1/4 c. lemon juice
    1 can blueberry pie filling
    2 1/2 c. Cool Whip

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
    Reserve 1 c. dry cake mix. Combine remaining cake mix, 1 egg and butter. Press on bottom and up the sides about 1 inch in greased 9 x 13 pan.
    Blend cream cheese and sugar.
    Add 3 eggs and reserved cake mix. Beat 1 minute. Slowly add milk and lemon juice. Mix well.
    Pour into crust. Bake for 40-50 minutes.
    Cool and then spread with pie filling; then Cool Whip. Chill.
    False
    Creamsicle Cake

1 Duncan Hine's orange cake mix
    2 small boxes orange jello
    1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
    1 small instant vanilla pudding mix
    1 c. milk
    1 tsp. vanilla
    8 oz. cool whip, thawed

Bake cake as directed in 9x13 pan. When done, use meat fork and poke holes. Let cool. Mix 1 box of the jello with 1 c. hot water and 1 c. cold water. Pour over cake. Refrigerate 2-3 hours. Beat cream cheese until creamy. Add remaining box of jello (dry), instant pudding mix, milk and vanilla. Beat well. Fold in cool whip. Spread on cake. Keep refrigerated.
    False
    Mountain Dew Cake

1 pkg, (18.25oz.) orange cake mix
    1 pkg. (3.5oz.) coconut cream pudding and pie mix; not instant
    3/4 cup vegetable oil
    1 can (12oz.) Mountain Dew
    4 eggs
    Icing:
    1-1/2 cups sugar
    4 tablespoons all purpose flour
    1/2 cup butter
    1 can (20oz.) crushed pineapple
    1 cup coconut

Mix all ingredients and bake in a 13 x 9-inch pan at 350ºF for 30 to 40
    minutes. You may also bake in three layers, if desired.
    Cook sugar, flour, butter and pineapple until thick. Add coconut when icing is cooled, then spread on cake.
    False
    Cubbybear, your Orange Cake Roll recipe looks delicious, will have to try it one day, thanks for all the great posts. Connie
    False
    Star,
    I have made the orange/chocolate crawlin' cake, and it is very, very good. I like it a lot better then the orange/vanilla crawler.

Speaking of the orange cake. I made the dreamsicle cake for the going away thing at work, it was such a hit that everybody wants the orange cake mixes. My manager took the last piece home, and her dad is made at her now because we can't get the mixes here. I told her to try it with the white cake and the kool-aid/jello combo. I have about three more cake mixes so I might give her one so she can make her dad a cake.
    And, then, I will be calling for more cake mixes.
    I think I am going to call DH and tell them they need to make them available here.
    Blessings,
    KathyLu
    False
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us." Marianne Williamson http://www.wherearethecows.webs.com/
    I did not use the coconut, afraid that not many people would eat it with the coconut. I do like it, and might try it again with it, but will have to get a vote of the cake eaters at work first. Next time I make the dreamsicle, though, I am going to use a bundt (never said actually like bundt, having seen "My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding" one too many times), as my oven did not like the layer cakes, my oven doesn't like to share space, so, the layers didn't cook too good. And, I have a ton of icing left over. Thinking about using it as a crawler. We have cake mixes on sale, and double coupons this week, so I have a bunch of cake mixes that were free, and, still no orange:( So, I have to create again.
    When I am down to my last orange cake mix I will let you know, as I don't want to tax any one person on shipping them to me, lol.
    I guess DH better get that phone call from me. I work in a grocery store and tell my customers about the orange cake, so there is getting to be a huge demand for them here.
    Well, things are not getting done around this house. Better get.
    Blessings,
    KathyLu
    False
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us." Marianne Williamson http://www.wherearethecows.webs.com/
    bump
    False
    Posted by: cllw Replies: 4 Posted on: 3/11/2003 9:02:52 AM
    #T152586
    Orange Pecan Cookies

Bake on foil-lined ungreased cookie sheets at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Makes 3
    dozen.
    1 orange supreme cake mix (2-layer)
    ½ cup vegetable oil
    2 eggs
    ¾ cup chopped pecans
    Mix together all ingredients. Form into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared
    pans. Bake as directed.
    False
    This recipe was on the side of the box. I made it yesterday and boy is it good!

Orange Streusel Loaves

1 package Duncan Hines Orange Cake Mix (reserve 2 Tb.)
    1 3.4 oz. package vanilla instant pudding & pie filling
    4 large eggs
    1 c. sour cream
    1/3 c. oil
    2 T. brown sugar
    1 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1 T. butter
    1/2 c. finely chopped pecans
    1 c. powdered sugar
    2 T. orange juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Grease and flour two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans.
    In a large bowl, combine cake mix (save 2 T. for streusel), pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, and oil.
    Beat at medium speed with eletric mixer for 3 minutes.
    Pour batter into pans.
    In a medium bowl, combine 2 T. cake mix, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter.
    Mix well with fork until crumbly; stir in pecans.
    Sprinkle steusel mixture over the two unbaked loaves.
    Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
    Cool in pans 15 minutes.
    Loosen loaves from pans.
    Slide out onto cooling rack.
    Cool completely.
    Drizzle with glaze made from combining the 1 c. of powdered sugar and 2 T. orange juice.

Makes 2 loaves

Enjoy!!

Ljmanus :-)

False
    Easy OMC
    Hi Folks:
    I LOVE the Orange Marmalade Cake but it is a bit of work - here is the Cheaters way:

Mix 1 box of Orange Cake Mix as the directions say BUT use 1 can of Cream Soda instead of Water and add about 11/2 to 2 Tbls of Orange zest.

If you are making it LAYERED - use Orange Marmalade as a filling - if you are making a standard 9"by 13" use the marmalade to accent your frosting.
    Frost with the canned Cream Cheese Frosting (like what you would use for carrot cake) and accent with the Orange Marmalade - OR mix one jar of marmalade with your cream Cheese frosting and frost the cake with that.
    It is really very good - The Cream Soda keeps the cake VERY moist and you don't need the orange juice syrup unless you overcook the cake - in that case go ahead use it to keep the cake moist.
    I just served this cake at an all school lunch and it Disappeared FAST! People love it!
    False
    The OMC is not my recipe I copied it from the Jan Karon Bulletin Board
    False