HELP! 9 Pounds of Pork Loin to Cook!! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

HELP! 9 Pounds of Pork Loin to Cook!!

Last post Dec 31, 2006 7:19 PM by JRR . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • HELP! 9 Pounds of Pork Loin to Cook!!
    Hi everyone. Talk to me! I have 9 pounds of Boneless Pork Loin to cook and have ready for tomorrow by 4 p.m.

I especially need both temperature and cooking time.

Am figuring to use a combination of garlic, Mrs. Dash, and applesauce for seasoning.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

JRR
    False
  • RE: HELP! 9 Pounds of Pork Loin to Cook!!
    I usually cook about a 4 pound bonesless loin. It is done in about an hour and a half at 350º. I pat on the outside Emeril's Essence. The juice makes a great gravy.

Marlene
    False
    I did an 8 plus pound one for Christmas. It doesn't take as long as you think. I think it was around 15 minutes per pound or so.
    I sprinkled mine with Penzey's Bavarian blend and it was delicious.
    Enjoy
    False
    Thanks, Marlene. Talk to me about what you'd do for a NINE pounder. It's for a big family gathering. I'm probably going to end up borrowing a roaster from our church to put the thing in to cook it. But, the temperature and time factor for this behemoth is causing me concern

JRR
    False
    I forgot to add, if you have a meat thermometer, cook until it is internally over 160 degrees.
    False
    Thanks Kathy. My thought so far is to get a roaster from our church, cut the roast in half so that it fits, season it, set a temperature, and walk away for about 3 hours or maybe 4.

JRR
    False
    That will probably cook a couple of hours, I usually put a little water in the bottom and I have a recipe for a rub if you want.
    Bakerfreeks Rub
    2tsp salt
    1tsp paprika
    1tsp onion powder
    1tsp garlic powder
    1tsp thyme
    1/4tsp black pepper
    Rub this all over your roast and let it set at least 1 hour and bake as usual, this makes your roast so very tasty, I use it on all of my meat.
    I am making a turkey tomorrow and that is going all over it tonite.
    If you can rub it on your roast tonite and it will turn out great.
    Bakerfreek
    False
    It wil be O.K.!
    Boneless pork roast is one of the easiest meals!
    Do you need to cook the whole 9 lbs? (I often buy the roasts when on sale & make one good size roast & boneless chops as well..)
    I usually cook mine @ 350,but I sometimes start it hot @ 450 for 10-15 minutes to brown it & seal in the juices, then lower the temp. I figure 15 min per pound ,if thawed ,so a few hours should be good for your roast.You can cut it in half to decrease cooking time. I stud it w/ garlic cloves, and rub it w/ granulated garlic & black pepper.Of course it is also excellent cooked with saurkraut too!
    Good Luck!
    False
    I used a thermometer and cooked to an internal temp of 160 and it was WELL DONE!!! I would cook to 140 degrees, remove from oven and cover with foil. The temp will continue to rise. 160 was overdone and dry.
    False
    Hello! All this help on such short notice is really great and much appreciated.

Yes, I'll be cooking the whole thing. I just looked at it - it's 8.51 pounds. Now that is going to cook here in whatever applesauce or cider (and other seasonings) here at my place for about two hours, and then be transported to my sisters to cook in sauerkraut for at least another hour, maybe two.

Now, I ALSO have a 4 pound boneless roast for those family members who don't like sauerkraut! That's going to be done separate from the behemoth.

JRR
    False
    I marinate my pork loin overnight in a combination of orange juice (3/4 cup), honey (1/4), and ginger (2 teaspoons). Pour that off and then cook in a 350 degree oven until it registers 180 on a meat thermometer. Doesn't take long.
    False

Nuts. I don't have a meat thermometer.
    False

Nuts. I don't have a meat thermometer.
    False