having tilapia baked for supper, what sides go with fish? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

having tilapia baked for supper, what sides go with fish?

Last post Jan 08, 2007 11:29 PM by gratefulservant_AZ . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • having tilapia baked for supper, what sides go with fish?
    I haven't cooked fish before and do not know what sides would be good with this. Can you help me?
    False
  • RE: having tilapia baked for supper, what sides go with fish?
    I don't have fish often, but when I do I think hashbrowns go well. Of course...I think hashbrowns go with anything:) That was the first thing to pop in my mind though. Enjoy!
    False
    Cole slaw. I really like cole slaw with fish. Carol
    False

Carol

Stewed tomatoes, Mac and Cheese,

You can serve your fish on a bed of spinach too with mashed potatoes on the side~ Enjoy~` Janie
    False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

My d-in-law had tilapia at Applebee's Saturday night served with steamed broccoli on a bed of rice. Said it was delicious!
    False
    So far, the broccolli and rice seem to fit my taste the best. That does sound good. I love coleslaw too, but the granddaughters and my daughter are not too good of coleslaw eaters.
    False
    Mmmm, brown rice and a salad if the fish is baked or grilled. Hushpuppies and fries if not. These are my normal sides.
    False
    Thank you all for your help. I have decided on the rice with broccolli and a salad. I appreciate all your suggestions and will keep them all in mind for another day. (((hugs)))
    Bev
    False
    How about a nice green salad (arugula and spinich are nice if you have them) Oven Fries are good too. Happy eating!
    False
    How are you going to fix your fish. Just curious since this is your 1st time. Good luck!
    False
    I like my fish with either rice or couscous, both mixed with vegetables. Like tomatoes, peppers, garlic, onion. It goes well with fish that's not breaded.
    False
    coleslaw and macaroni and cheese
    False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon