Can I cook a frozen turkey breast in the crockpot? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can I cook a frozen turkey breast in the crockpot?

Last post Jan 12, 2007 12:02 PM by marie__s . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Can I cook a frozen turkey breast in the crockpot?
    It's just a 5 lb turkey breast, I forgot to thaw it out. What do you think? How long? I have a newer 6 qt crockpot that gets really hot.
    False
  • RE: Can I cook a frozen turkey breast in the crockpot?
    bump for help
    False
    If it were me, I wouldnt.

Tink~
    False
    Always treat people they way you want to be treated. ~Tink~
    Got this from the Rival Crockpot website...hope it helps!! :)

Cooking with Frozen Foods
    You can cook frozen meats in your Crock-Pot® slow cooker, however it is best to use the following guidelines:

• Add at least 1 cup of warm liquid to the stoneware before placing meat in the stoneware.

• Do not preheat the slow cooker.

• Cook recipes containing frozen meats for an additional 4 to 6 hours on Low, or an additional
    2 hours on High.

False
    I wouldn't do it, myself. I think you would end up with turkey soup plus you might crack the inside liner. JMHO.
    Ellie
    False
    i have a hamilton beach crockpot and they say NO frozen foods at all. It will crack the liner.
    False
    Don't do it. Large pieces of frozen meat take a long time to get to a safe temperature. In the meantime, they are in that unsafe zone--40º-140º for a ,long time. Bacteria grow most rapidly during this time. Always thaw your meat first.
    False
    I would thaw it first too.

A quicker way to thaw meat is to put it in something and cover it with cold water and keep in the refrigerator until thaws.

If my turkey is not completely thawed the night before I'm going to cook it, I will put it in a cooler of cold water and let it finish thawing.
    False