Help! Quick! Immersion Blender Recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Help! Quick! Immersion Blender Recipe

Last post Jan 18, 2007 7:49 PM by quilts2 . 14 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
  • Help! Quick! Immersion Blender Recipe
    I just got my new immersion blender today and now I need recipes. I was sure I had to have it and now I don't know what to do with it. I need some great recipes that I can try so that when the family shows up this weekend I won't get the impulse buying speech. I'm thinking mixed drinks, sauces, gravies, soups, smoothies, etc. Thanks for your help in advance. Even if you don't know exact amounts for some things I can wing it; I need good ideas.

Thanks
    Emily
    False
  • RE: Help! Quick! Immersion Blender Recipe
    We make malts and shakes with them. Just Ice cream, milk, malt powder and fruit or choc syrup and blend away right in the cup.....Plus blending the flour/water in the meat juice for gravy right in the pan.... crush whole tomatoes right in the can...

I know that there is alot more, but that is all i can think of right now.

jen
    False
    Mix pancake batter with it. Puree soups. Make pudding, gravy.
    chefly
    False
    Thanks. Keep the ideas coming. I appreciate your help with this.

Jen, I wouldn't have thought of the tomato thing. That would beat squishing with your hands.

Chefly, I would have never thought of pancake batter either. What good tips.

Thanks
    Emily
    False
    Star, thanks. I LOVE a good tomato soup. As a comfort food, nothing can compare.
    Emily
    False
    This may be a dumb ?
    what is the difference between a Immersion Blender any blender. have not heard any thing about the Immersion blender till this post.
    Ruth

False
    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal Love leaves precious Memories no one can steal God Bless our Troops and emergency workers.
    I use mine to make potato soup a little smoother or sometimes totally smooth. I also like to slightly puree the broccoli in broccoli soup. And, when I am not paying attention or having a bad gravy day, I have been known to "correct" the gravy if it has a few lumps in it. :-)
    False
    Ruth MO--you put the food in a regular blender. You put the immersion blender in the food. It is a stick like appliance with a metal blade at the end (inside of a guard). It spins really fast and is great for smoothing things.
    False
    I gotta be honest. I'm going to the store later to buy some fruit and do the smoothie thing just because it seems like the thing to do. I guess I'll wing the ingredients.
    False
    Love my immersion blender---keep it plugged in at all times and sitting on the counter. It's great for cake mixes, instant pudding, baby food (I babysit grandbabies, so use it frequently), scrambling eggs, making pimento cheese spread. It's really easy to clean--just squirt a drop of dish detergent in a cup of hot water and run the blender a few seconds. Rinse and ready to use again!
    Jenita
    False
    Jenita, the baby food idea is one I would have never thought of. I'm going to a baby shower in a week or so and will pass along the tip. Also, the hot tip about cleaning in a cup of sudsy water is REALLY appreciated.
    Emily
    False
    Works well for mixing Jello Instant Pudding.

Lynn
    False
    Thanks, everyone. I'm going to bed.

Emily
    False
    We like smooth applesauce, not chunky. So, after I make a batch in the microwave, I use the blender to make it smooth right in the same bowl.
    False
    Are you nut's? You don't need a recipe for this thing.That's like saying "Help Quick I need a recipe for a spoon.I just got a new spoon.DUH
    False