Forgot The Eggs. | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Forgot The Eggs.

Last post Feb 04, 2007 10:20 AM by chefly . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Forgot The Eggs.
    Darn it. I mixed up a batch of blueberry muffins and they are in the oven, but I just discovered I forgot to put in the 2 eggs it calls for and they have been baking for 7 miniutes. Darn it.
    I hope they are edible.
    chefly
    False
  • RE: Forgot The Eggs.
    LOL... sorry!!! I hate when I forget an ingredient. :)

I'm trying to rack my brain to think of what you can do with them if they don't turn out... besides throw them away! LOL.

I'm wondering if they could be made into a triffle of sorts perhaps. (I'm so frugal! I can't stand to throw away good food!).

False
    Well, I'm eating one with a cup of coffee and they are just a tad dry they aren't bad. If they had the eggs they would be wonderful. DS was in the kitchen when I discovered my mistake so he knows but I'm not going to say a word to anyone else and see what they think.
    chefly
    False
    I made some cheese biscuits the other day that turned out really badly. Only thing I can think of is that my Bisquick was too old. (?) We ate them anyway--the tops and the bottoms were very good. The middle we did not eat.

Barb
    False
    DH just had one and said "tasty" when I asked how he liked them. I'll tell him later about the lack of eggs. lol.
    chefly
    False
    About twenty years ago, I thought I'd surprise my husband with a coconut custard pie. He had gone out for his usual walk and the recipe for Bisquick impossible pie would be done in that time. I put the pie in the oven and started rushing to clean up the evidence of what I had done so he would wonder where it came from. Luckily, I talk to myself. As I heard myself say, eggs in the fridge, I yelled, Oh no, they are supposed to be in the pie". The pie pan had hardly gotten warm when I pulled it out of the oven, dumped the filling into a bowl, beat in the eggs and dumped everything back into the pan. I can't remember if I ever told him what happened but the pie was good.
    False
    Here is the recipe, but you might want to put at leaste one egg in. DD and DH both think they are good (without the eggs.) lol.These have a nice orange blueberry flavor and a slight crunch from the millet. DD just had her third one.
    chefly
    Posted by: salsarose Replies: 3 Posted on: 1/28/2007 10:37:27 AM
    #T789959
    5 GRAIN BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
    • 2 cups organic all-purpose flour (1 cup white whole wheat, 1 cup unbleached)
    (I prefer barley flour-not chefly's comment))
    • ½ C. rolled oats
    • ½ C. organic corn meal
    • 1/3 C. millet
    • 1/3 C. flax seeds (1/3 cup ground flax)
    • 1½ tsp. baking soda
    • 1 tsp. baking powder
    • 1 C. organic orange juice
    • ½ C. coconut oil (1/3 cup coconut oil)
    • ¾ C. Agave Nectar (2 Tbsp. agave, 1/2 cup honey)
    • 2 eggs, beaten (I forgot to add these. One egg might be enough though)
    • 1½ C. Organic wild blueberries
    o Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with muffin cups or brush with oil to prevent sticking.
    o Whisk together the flour, oats, corn meal, millet, flax, baking soda and baking powder.
    o In a separate bowl, whisk the orange juice, coconut oil, Agave nectar and eggs.
    o Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the Agave mixture. Whisk till blended.
    o Stir in the blueberries.
    o Divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups.
    o Bake for 30 (22 minutes) or until the muffins (test clean) spring back when pressed gently. Cool on a rack.
    Made 13 or 14.
    False
    MDCrab2, I love your story. I would have done the same thing.

BTW, I didn't use organic products in the muffins.
    chefly
    False