Angel Food Cake Mix Recipes | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Angel Food Cake Mix Recipes

Last post Oct 24, 2012 11:31 PM by justyouandme20002001 . 64 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 5 (65 items) 12345
  • Angel Food Cake Mix Recipes
    Here is a new one, if anyone has any recipes using Angel Food Mix please post them here.

Orange Angel Cake

1 (15-16 oz) pkg Angel Food Cake Mix
    3/4 c frozen orange juice, thawed
    1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip, thawed
    1/2 c plain low-fat yogurt

Prepare Angel Food cake as directed on package, except pour 1/3 c of orange juice into a 2 cup measure; add enough water to equal the amount of water in the package directions. Continue with package directions, baking the batter in an ungreased 19" tube pan according 10 pkg directions. Immediately invert cake(leave in pan): cool completely. Loosen sides of cake and remove from pan.

For topping, in a medium bowl gently stir together the thawed cool whip and yogurt. Fold in remaining orange juice. Spread topping mixture over top and sides of cake. Store in refrigerator.

Serves 12-16

Catsgalore
    False
  • RE: Angel Food Cake Mix Recipes
    Angel Peach Cake
    Source: Recipegoldmine

1 (18.25 ounce) box angel food cake mix
    1 (15 ounce) can diced peaches with juice
    Whipped topping, if desired

In a large bowl, combine angel food cake mix with diced peaches and juice (do not add water). Mix well. Pour into a 9-inch tube pan or 2 loaf pans. Bake according to directions on cake package. If desired, serve with whipped topping.

Catsgalore
    False
    ~~Pineapple Angel Food Cake~~

Makes 12 servings

Ingredients:

1 box name-brand Angel Food Cake mix
    20 oz can crushed pineapple

Combine the cake mix and the pineapple. Mix well. Bake in a 9X13 baking dish for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

WW POINTS: 3

Note: You must use a name-brand mix or the cake will not raise.

False

~~Pumpkin Angelfood Cake~~

1 box of angel food mix
    1 15 oz can of (pure) pumpkin
    1 T of pumpkin pie spice
    1 T of cinnamon
    1 C of water

Mix all ingredients together and pour into 9 x 13 inch pan sprayed with PAM. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.

12 (large) servings/WW 3 points per serving

False

Catsgalore,I bet that Peach one is low in cals.too! Sounds good!
    False

Pumpkin Angel Food Cake
    Source: Recipegoldmine

1 box angel food cake mix
    1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
    1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
    1 cup water

Mix above ingredients and bake in an ungreased 9 x 13-inch pan for 30 minutes in a 350 degree F oven. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.

Catsgalore
    False
    Pumpkin Angel Food Cake

1 pkg Angel food cake mix (Make sure it says one step)

15 ozs canned pumpkin

1 c Water

1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Mix all ingredients together and pour into a 9x13-inch baking pan that has not been greased. Bake for 25 mins at 350º

Serve with Fat Free Cool Whip
    False
    I have made this recipe and they were delicious.

ANGEL FOOD LEMON BARS

1 box angel food cake mix (dry)
    1 (18 ounce) can lemon pie filling
    1 cup coconut

Mix well and put into a 9 x 13-inch greased pan (bottom only). Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes. Sift confectioners' sugar over the bars while warm.

Catsgalore

False
    ANGEL MACAROONS

Yield: 6 dozen cookies

1 (16-ounce) box angel food cake mix

1/2 cup water

1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract

2 cups coconut

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat cake mix, water and extract with mixer turned on low for 30 seconds. Scrape bowl; beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Fold in coconut.

Drop by teaspoon on parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.

Let cool on wire rack.
    False
    I had never thought about making anything else with Angel food cke mix, so there are really welcome.

Thanks

ck1mom
    False
    Angel Food Delight

1 angel food cake
    1 3oz box red jello
    1 cup boiling water
    1 10 oz package frozen strawberries
    1 1/2pint whipped cream whipped OR 1 8oz pkg coolwhip

Mix red jello and water, add strawberries which have been thawed and drained.
    Cut top layer of cake 1" down. In remaining cake cut well about 1 1/2" to 2" wide and to 1" of bottom of cake. Break into pieces and add to
    above mixture. pOur into well and put top of cake back on. Ice with whipped cream or cool whip. You can color it with red food coloring. Refrigerate

I've also used raspberries, and used drained juice from fruit as some of water. Putting some fresh strawberries (raspberries) on top adds a nice touch too.

Jill
    False
    The original name of this was Strawberry Tunnel Cream Cake, but I've discovered that it's fabulous with any fruit so I changed the name. It's my most frequently requested recipe. You can use frozen fruit for the filling but, other than blueberries, frozen fruit doesn't work too well for the garnish. In a real pinch, you can buy an angel food cake - the fact that it's not homemade isn't as noticeable with all the other goodies in and on it, but I only do that if I'm really, really pressed for time because the bought ones are much smaller and denser - a home baked one is much higher, lighter, and fluffier

Angel Food Tunnel Cake

1 baked round angel food cake
    1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
    1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
    1/3 c lemon juice
    1 teaspoon almond extract
    2 to 4 drops food coloring, optional
    1 cup chopped fresh fruit or 1 (16 oz) package frozen fruit, thawed and well drained
    1 (12 oz) container frozen non-diary whipped topping

Cut 1-inch slice crosswise from top of cake; set aside. With serrated knife, cut around cake 1 inch from center hole and 1 inch from outer edge (making the "tunnel"), leaving cake walls 1-inch thick. Remove cake from center, leaving 1-inch thick base on bottom of cake. Tear cake removed from center into bite-sized pieces; reserve.

In large mixer bowl, beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and extract, and food coloring if desired (I also throw in a few pieces of the fruit at this time to get chopped up, which tints the cream filling.) Stir in reserved torn cake pieces and chopped fruit. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping.

Fill cake cavity with filling; replace top slice of cake. Frost with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with additional fresh fruit. Chill 2-3 hours.
    False
    To speak of "mere words" is much like speaking of "mere dynamite." --------French Philosopher CJ Ducasse
    My grandmother used to make the most wonderful cakes (don't all grandma's?) in her wood stove, but the VERY BEST was her strawberry angel food. She put fresh strawberries in both the cake and the buttercream frosting, but I've never tried to make one myself. I just may have to get up the courage to try because I've always wondered if I could make one as good as her cake.

Janet
    False
    Looks like I need to go by a dozen cake mixes. Thanks to all of you.
    False
    These are the One-Step Angel Food mixes - right??
    False