ISO EASY recipe using Egg Roll Wrappers | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO EASY recipe using Egg Roll Wrappers

Last post Feb 12, 2007 1:23 PM by Kate11 . 22 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 12
  • ISO EASY recipe using Egg Roll Wrappers
    DH bought Egg Roll Wrappers but have no recipe. I do not like egg rolls so I would like different ideas to use these!!! Thank you.
    Stephanie
    False
  • RE: ISO EASY recipe using Egg Roll Wrappers
    i posted a recipe using egg roll wrappers, it is called pizza rolls..try it you will love it
    False
    Chicken and Cream Cheese Wontons

16 oz cream cheese
    2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
    1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
    1 cup green onions
    1 package wontons

Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chicken and onions. Spray cooking oil in a muffin tin. Place 12 won ton wrappers in the muffin tin. Cook won ton wrappers at 350º for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Add 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture to each won ton. Bake for 10 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.

Cream Cheese Wontons
    8 oz cream cheese
    1/2 cup sugar
    wonton wrappers
    peanut oil

Combine cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Place small spoonful of the mixture in the center of each wrapper. Follow folding instructions on the wonton package. Preheat peanut oil to 375 in a deep pan. Deep fry wontons until golden brown.

Crab Rangoon

12 ounces cream cheese, softened
    1 6 ounces can crab meat, drained and flaked
    2 green onions including tops, thinly sliced
    1 clove garlic, minced
    2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
    1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
    1 package (48 count) won ton skins
    oil for deep frying

In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except won ton skins; mix until well blended. (To prevent won ton skins from drying out, prepare one or two rangoon at a time.) Place 1 teaspoon filling in center of each won ton skin. Moisten edges with water; fold in half to form triangle, pressing edges to seal. Pull bottom corners down and overlap slightly; moisten one corner and press to seal. Heat oil to 375°F. Add wontons in batches and fry until golden brown; about 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
    False
    One suggestion is to cut into strips and cook for noodles in soup.

Another is to put meat filling in and fold over brush inside with water press to seal and boil in water, until it floats to the top and cook a little longer, maybe 2-4 minutes (check for doneness) drain and top with your favortie spagetti sauce for easy ravioli.

piggykins
    False

"Have a piggy perfect day!"
    Our favorite is to just put some ground beef seasoned like you prefer and some cheese in the middle... fold over and use egg to wet edges to stick together. We deep fry them and let them drain on paper towels and gobble them up.
    False

Sausage Flowers

1 lb sausage
    1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
    1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
    1 cup salsa
    24 (3 1/2-inch square) wonton wrappers
    12 oz sour cream
    1 bunch green onions, chopped
    Crumble, cook and drain sausage. Stir in cheeses and salsa.
    Lightly grease a miniature muffin pan. Press wrappers into pan so that the edges are extending. Place a heaping tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each wonton wrapper. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until wonton edges begin to brown. Top with sour cream and green onions.

Wrappers are also great for a quick dessert. Just a spoonful of apple pie filling, roll up, deep fy until light brown, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.

False
    Thank you all so much. I think I may surprise DH tonight with some of these recipes.
    False
    Here's a sweet way to use them. Saw this on the food channel yesterday, (Everyday Italian) She called them Chocolate Ravioli's.

Put a small spoonful of Nutella (hazelnut spread) in the middle of the egg roll wrapper. Using an egg wash, moisten the edges, fold into a triangle shape making sure the edges are sealed. Deep fry until light golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar while still warm. Enjoy!

AlabamaNeeNee....the Crab Ragoon recipe looks great, I'm going to give it a try.

Barb
    False
    I am trying some of these for lunch! I will post how they turned out!!!thanks
    False
    You can also make pizza rolls using the wrappers. I found this recipe on Recipezaar.

Pepperoni and Bacon Pizza Rolls
    Recipe #208238
    by Cookin-jo | Edit...My Notes

24 servings
    24 pizza rolls
    40 min 30 min prep
    Change to: pizza rolls US Metric
    8 ounces bacon, sliced 1/4 inch
    12 ounces pepperoni, mild, cut into 1/4 inch dice (buy a chunk at the deli and peel the skin)
    1 cup pizza sauce (I use Freezer Pizza Sauce, purchased is fine)
    6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (bagged pre-shredded pizza cheese is good)
    24 egg roll wraps

Fry bacon until just crisp and drain on paper towels. Crumble when cool.
    Wipe the bacon grease out of the pan with a paper towel and fry pepperoni in same pan. Drain on paper towels.
    Combine bacon, pepperoni, sauce and cheese.
    Working with 4 wrappers at a time place 2 heaping tablespoons of filling on each wrapper. Brush all 4 edges with water. Roll one corner over the filling, fold in the 2 sides and then roll up completely.
    Heat an inch of vegetable oil in a large deep skillet to 375 degrees. Fry 4 wrappers at a time. When both sides are golden remove to a baking sheet lined with newspaper and paper towel to cool.
    These may be eaten immediately or frozen. To reheat place in a single layer on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven until warmed through.
    False
    Sorry didn't notice pizza rolls already mentioned =)
    False
    DH loved the pizza rolls for lunch. I used pizza sauce, pepperoni, and cheese. They were great. I showed him the recipe for chicken and cream cheese wontons, DH wants me to try these in the morning with cresent rolls!!!
    False
    False
    bump
    False
    This morning I lined the egg roll wrappers in muffin pan and baked. Then I scambled eggs, ham, and sausage!! I overfilled them into the little baskets and served with mimosas. DH just loved it!!
    For dinner we are going to try the chicken and cream cheese!!CANT WAIT!!
    Stephy
    False