need Frontier Pies cornbread recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

need Frontier Pies cornbread recipe

Last post Apr 20, 2011 1:57 AM by EllenWWest . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • need Frontier Pies cornbread recipe
    Several years ago, I visited a Frontier Pies restaurant which is now out of business. They had delicious, moist cornbread, that was almost more like a cake (in texture) than a normal cornbread. I have searched all over the Internet and I can not find the recipe anywhere. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks much!
    Ashley
    False
  • RE: need Frontier Pies cornbread recipe
    Hi, Ashley, WELCOME to the bulletin board. We have a lot of fun here sharing recipes and hints and other stuff too. I was an At Home Mom of 4 too....but they all grew up and now I'm at home by myself LOL.

The recipe is said to be moist and cake like.

Cake Cornbread

1 box Jiffy golden yellow cake mix
    1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
    1/4 c. vegetable oil
    3 egg whites
    1/2 c. cold water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease and flour an 8x8" baking pan.

Mix together all ingredients and beat with electric mixter on medium for about 3 mins. or until batter is mostly smooth.

Pour into prepard pan and bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes or until center is set.
    False
  • RE: need Frontier Pies cornbread recipe
    Try a box/package of Marie Callender's corn bread mix - moist and sweet like a cake. Kathy
    False
  • Re: need Frontier Pies cornbread recipe
    I hope this finds you still looking for this recipe. I received it when my friends from Australia were over to the states and it was given us by the Manager of the FP restaurant we were dining in. I have cut it down from the 3 gal of this and 10 lbs of that. I comes out perfect every time. Cream one stick butter with 1 cup sugar. Add 4 eggs and mix well then 2 c milk and 2 c flour and 1 c cornmeal finally 2 1/2 t baking powder and 1/2 t salt mix thoroughly but not too much as it will get tough. Pour into sprayed 9X12 glass baking dish and bake 350 F for 30 min. I hope you enjoy. Ellen
    False