White Chocolate vs White Bark: | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

White Chocolate vs White Bark:

Last post Feb 17, 2007 5:28 AM by EdizinAz . 23 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 2 of 2 (24 items) 12
  • RE: White Chocolate vs White Bark:
    Ed....It's been my experience that if chocolate is "old" it doesn't melt as well as when it's fresh, and depending on where it was stored it can also have an "off" taste to it. Since you got it for free and have nothing to lose, I'd try melting a bit of it to see how well it does, and also how it tastes.

Barb

False
    Barb,

I think it's just from this past Christmas season.

Real question is: Can I use it in place of either white or "brown" chocolate? as in the recipes you just looked up for me?

Thanks.

Ed
    False
    False
    That would be a yes! The Slow Cooker recipe calls for either 48 oz. almond bark, which is the white OR 24 oz. each of almond bark (white) and chocolate bark.
    The Crock Pot one calls for 36 oz. of almond bark, again the white. So you are safe using what you have in them. You can in MHO use the white almond bark, in any recipe calling for white chocolate. I wouldn't use the chocolate one in a recipe calling for "real" chocolate, because it isn't since it doesn't contain any chocolate liquor in it.
    Does that help? I hope I haven't confused you even more. LOL

Barb
    False
    From Google:

Almond Bark (also known as vanilla flavored candy coating) is an artificial chocolate made with vegetable fats instead of cocoa butter and with coloring and flavors added. It can be found in 1.5 pound packages, in blocks, or in round discs where candy supplies are sold.

Barb
    False
    From Google:

Almond Bark (also known as vanilla flavored candy coating) is an artificial chocolate made with vegetable fats instead of cocoa butter and with coloring and flavors added. It can be found in 1.5 pound packages, in blocks, or in round discs where candy supplies are sold.

Barb
    False
    Don't know why the double post....it's late going to bed.
    Barb
    False
    yes they're interchangable
    False

Thanks for the recipes, mamesmom.

Barb and FOOTSIE, I appreciate the answers.

Ed
    False