What to do with sour grapes??? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What to do with sour grapes???

Last post Apr 09, 2007 3:43 PM by two4tea_MN . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • What to do with sour grapes???
    HELP!! I just bought a bunch of grapes. They are terribly sour...no one will eat them.

I did a search for grape salad and found some really yummy sounding salads.

Do you think using cream cheese and a marshmallow creme mixture would help take away the "sourness"? I don't want to waste my time and ingredients if it still will be so sour no one will eat it!!

Thanks!
    False
  • RE: What to do with sour grapes???
    I think they would be good in grape salad. The cream cheese/sugar mixture would balance out the tartness of the grapes. I don't think you'd be sorry to try it.
    False
    If they were that sour, I would take them back to the store!

Barb
    False
    Too funny... I just washed up the grapes I bought this week. I grabbed a handful and spit all but 3 back out.

I was thinking that I'm going to use them in a salad with some cubed cooked chicken, a poppy seed dressing made with mayo, some vinegar and honey... I think the sweetness of the dressing will go good with the grapes.

False
    Thanks for your help! I had thought about a chicken salad, but I am the only one that eats it in my family. I will try the grape salad and see what happens...

Thanks again!
    imabusymom
    False
    I had a batch like that recently. I dipped them in the fruit dip that is cream cheese and marshmellow creme.

Gail
    False