ISO: Crisco face cream recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: Crisco face cream recipe

Last post Jul 07, 2010 10:16 PM by persimmon . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • ISO: Crisco face cream recipe
    Does anyone have a good recipe for face cream that is Crisco based? I've heard that Crisco really takes the wrinkles out of the skin. I googled a couple recipes, but they have unusual ingredients. Just wondering if anyone knows about this for my mom.
    Amy
    False
  • RE: ISO: Crisco face cream recipe
    My neighbor just slathers it on after she washes her face. Right out of the container and doesnt mix it with anything. I do have to say, she doesnt have any wrinkles!!!!!

I am too afraid. I have greasy skin as it is!
    False
    Witty Whitney!
    I heard plain Crisco on your face and hands will help dry skin.
    False

Put On A Happy Face

Would there be any difference between using the Crisco or using Vasoline? I would think that either of them would help if a person had dry skin.

Janet -- Indiana
    False
    Janet, I never used Crisco, but have been using this cream ever since Omatje Calif had post it here.
    All the people that I have given it to loved it.

You will find all 3 products at the Family Dollar Store.

Homemade Hand Cream

1 (16 ounce) jar Clear Basics Vitamin E Skin Cream
    1 (13 ounce) jar Petroleum Jelly
    1 (15 ounce) bottle Baby Lotion

Mix by hand or with electric beater on medium until creamy.

(I used a mixer. I like it more creamy rather than "fluffy" so don't whip it too long.)
    False

Put On A Happy Face

My mom bought some home made skin creme a few years ago at a garage sale. She loves it, and doesn't know where to get more. I took it to Macy's cosmetics counter. Several clerks looked at it, and they thought it was something like Crisco, perfume, and a little food coloring. I am trying to find a good substitute so I'll pass all your ideas on to my mom. The clerk said that if it eliminates wrinkles it must be Crisco! They also said it was something like Pond's. They also talked about "Carol's Daughter" cosmetics that are homemade kitchen cremes. The entrepreneur started the business in her kitchen in Harlem. I guess she's appeared on Oprah.

All your ideas are greatly appreciated and will be passed on.
    Amy
    False
    The hand cream is different than the face cream:

http://www.halderman.net/cgi-bin/showrecipe.pl?lotion

Crisco Hand Cream

© Karon Adams at Sugar Plum Sundries

4 oz crisco
    2 oz beeswax
    2 oz glycerine
    2 T. liquid lecithin
    4oz distilled water

Melt all ingredients together just until liquid Mix with a whisk until it begins to thicken well. Pour into a jar and allow to cool. Use as needed.
    Crisco is just a blend of veggie oils and will make a nice hand cream if you can get past the idea of the shortening. Give this one a try.

False
    Life is like an onion, you peel off one layer at a time & sometimes you weep.
    My friend, Sandi, is holistic and uses Crisco and granulated sugar to exfoliate her skin.

She says you can put it on rough elbows and use one of those socks you have with the holes in it and slide the sock up over your elbow and go to sleep and in the morning she claims it is soft as a baby's bottom (never tried ir myself).

This gal on-line says it works...

http://civpro.blogs.com/civil_procedure/2003/11/skin_care_secre.html

Skin Care Secret: Crisco

Yeah, I know it's gross, but give me a chance here. When you do a lot of walking in the cold weather your legs get mighty dry. And your skin gets itchy. So itchy, in fact, that you can't stop scratching it. Regular moisturizer doesn't work. You begin to think you have a strange skin disease. You scratch until you bleed in places. And your housemate, a nurse practitioner, recommends Crisco. Gross. But it works. After a shower, regular moisturizer. Then lock it in with Crisco or Vaseline. The itching stops. And pretty soon your skin is so smooth and soft and supple that you feel like you've been let in on some kind of sorority sister secret. I'm sticking with it (in moderation).
    False
    MDH John is laughing at this thread as he reads it to me, here is another one:

http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2007/02/09/8-ways-to-replace-common-consumer-products-on-the-cheap/

My dermatologist rec using Crisco for face or lips or body. In the biz they call it ‘C cream’. It stays on longer than petroleum jelly. They do make Crisco now in transfat free by the way. The only thing I would rec is to keep the original Crisco tub in the fridge and only use a small amount in your lil tin/pillbox for use. I have actually had Crisco turn rancid on me.

WW @ 1:31 pm February 10th, 2007
    False
    My mother, her sisters and my Grandmother were told over 60 years ago that Crisco was as good if not better than any face cream. Basically it was the same thing without the perfumes and additives.
    Havent used it, but might try it sometime....Crisco and no wrinkles???? sounds good to me!
    I have been using vitamin E cream for a face cream for a few years and find it works wonderfully also. You know the large jar that costs under $5.00 and is sold in Walmart or target. Works better for me than those costly $65-100+ jars.
    Denise
    False
    I'll try some of them.
    False
  • Re: RE: ISO: Crisco face cream recipe

I have used this recipe for several years and love it!  After a shower, just rub it on from head to toe and  you'll be soft a baby in a very short time!!  Night time works best for me before I put my PJs on!

False
  • Re: ISO: Crisco face cream recipe

I remember listening to one of the old Jack Benny radio programs and all the characters were giving Jack grief because he was using Crisco instead of cold cream to remove his makeup.  Maybe he was on to something instead of just being a penny pincher.

False