7-layer taco dip.....cold or hot?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

7-layer taco dip.....cold or hot??

Last post May 19, 2007 9:51 PM by CoSup . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • 7-layer taco dip.....cold or hot??
    How do you prefer it. I was asked to prepare this for a party next weekend and was going over some of the recipes here on the BB. I've always made it and chilled for several hours before serving. However, I see many recipes which require heating. Which do you prefer and why? What happens to the sour cream when it's heated??? Thanks for your input....

~Kim~
    False
  • RE: 7-layer taco dip.....cold or hot??
    Hi,
    I have only had this cold. When I have had it, it was an appetizer. Usually, the dish is chilled to blend the flavors. If you use avacado, you can not chill it for days, the avacado will turn black, even if you use lemon or lime juice.
    False
    I have only had this cold and it gets rave reviews.I would gladly try it hot.
    I usually make it without avocado /or refried beans. (I like both But due to some picky co-workers......I leave both out since a couple co-workers protest loudly if either are present ,

Alliea
    False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

False
    I believe that the recipe for a 'hot' 7-layer taco dip is compleely different from that for a 'cold' 7-layer dip. I believe that a 'hot dip" would include ground beef, cheddar cheese, green chilies, nacho/taco chips, refried beans (with the beans on the bottom, covered with the cooked ground beef to which a packet of taco seasoning ha been added, spread with two 4 ounce cans of green chilies (undrained), with tortilla chips or fritose spread on the top. Then heated, and then topped with shredded lettuce, diced fresh tomatoes, and sour cream. It's really a comibination of hot and cold, and tastes like easy-t-eat delicious tacos! ENJOY!!
    False
    Sorry for all of the typos...let me know if you can't decipher my recipe.
    False