Chicken salad at Costco | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Chicken salad at Costco

Last post Jun 03, 2007 8:26 PM by rosiepie . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • Chicken salad at Costco
    I was in Costco yesterday and found Cape Cod Chicken Salad. Its made with chicken breast chunks, cranberries, pecans,and honey.

It is fantastic - you can taste the honey and the cranberries add a nice blend of tartness.

Definetly something to try!

Enjoy,
    Mary
    False
  • RE: Chicken salad at Costco
    I haven't tried it at Costco, but I recently had this at Footsie's house and made it once I got home -- yum!

Posted by: _FOOTSIE Posted on: 5/8/2007 4:21:04 PM
    #R9056114
    Posted by: peachygirl_GA Posted on: 6/10/2005 5:04:56 PM
    It came from my Southern Living 2004 cookbook

Honey Chicken Salad

4 cups chopped cooked chicken
    3 celery ribs, diced (I only use 1)
    1 cup sweetened dried cranberries*
    1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted*
    1 1/2 cups mayo
    1/3 cup orange-blossom honey (I use clover honey)
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    garnish: chopped toasted pecans

*I don't really measure the nuts and cranberries. More is better in this case lol.

Stir together first 4 ingredients.
    Whisk together mayo and next 3 ingredients. Add to chicken mixture, stirring gently until combined. Makes 4 servings.

False

Mary, I don't have a Costco anywhere near me. SCC's recipe looks marvelous, though! I'll have to try it soon.

Thank you, both for the great review and recipe.

Cherie
    False
    This looks delicious--I love my own chicken salad recipe (from Julia Child), but sure will try this one.

Thanks

Barb
    False
    How about sharing your Julia Childs chicken salad recipe? Please??

Linda
    False
    Footsie's recipe sounds delicious (thanks SCC!!) Do you recommend serving this on bread for a sandwich or just digging in with a fork?!

It sounds like the chicken salad the costco by me sells names "napa chicken salad" I am in california so maybe it is the same with a different name because of the part of the country. HMMM...

Kathleen
    False
    Kathleen, Foots served it with croissants from Pantera Bread, yumm! When I made it here, I had mini croissants so we just broke off a piece of that and covered it in the chicken salad!

When the croissants are gone, you'll be digging in with a fork or spoon, it's sooooo good!

~~susie.
    False

I've seen this product at Costco's and not picked it up, great to know it is so great, will have to give it a try now. Thanks for sharing the recipes ladies, they sound delicious. Connie
    False
    Awesome recipe
    False
    I've talked about this before. There is a little bakery here that has the most awesome chicken salad. I have not been able to duplicate it yet. Besides medium chunks of chicken breast, it has diced parsley, green onion and celery for sure, slivered almonds and sliced red or green grapes. The dressing is what I can't pin down but I am sure there is some real whipped cream in there as part of it. They serve it on any of their breads but but their croissants are there specialty. Then there is a small bed of mixed greens topped with fruit, a mixture of either fresh orange slices, stawberries, more grapes, etc. Then a small awesome brownie, just a couple bites. To die for good at only $5.75.
    False
    I do not have a Costco near me, so thank you Footsie for sharing your recipe. It sounds very similar. I will have to make this for myself or fellow teachers, as DH doesn't care for pecans or cranberries. Looking forward to digging in!
    False
    Thanks for the information. Going to my local Costco in Virginia and hope they have it. If so I IS GONNA TRY..Sounds like a good Simple summer thing.
    False
    Thanks for the Costco review and thanks SCC for Foots recipe.
    I'll have to try it when I have some left over Costco rotisserie chicken.

Barb
    False
    I've been using the recipe posted by Footsie for the last year or so and it is SOOO good. I don't like it any other way now and I used to not like fruit in my chicken salad.
    This one is a must try!
    Kim
    False
    Which section of the store is it in (at Costco)?
    TIA

DM
    False