What can I do with peach preserves? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What can I do with peach preserves?

Last post Jun 06, 2007 1:08 PM by JCVR . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • What can I do with peach preserves?
    I have a small jar that I used maybe a T. for a recipe for chicken. What else can I use with it?

I also somehow ended up with a jar of strawberry rubarb spread that I don't know what to do with!!

Any ideas besides throwing it on some toast??!!!

Thanks!
    Jen
    False
  • RE: What can I do with peach preserves?
    You could use it between layers of cake; yum!
    False

You can use it in a jelly roll. Put a scant teaspoon on muffins before you bake them. Put into sauces now that we are in BBQ season.
    Use it to sandwich sugar cookies together. Put some on vanilla icecream. Put jam on pancakes, french toast, waffle, Or loosen the jam with a little water and us as syrup on the above.
    Hope this helps you.
    Karen :)
    False
    I would imagine you could use it the same way you could use marmalade. I acquired a huge jar of marmalade and didn't have a clue. I searched for a few recipes and made some delicous cookies and chicken. The cookies sound like they may be great substituted with the peach.

Mandarin Orange Marmalade Cookies Recipe
    Use canned mandarin oranges and orange marmalade for a rich orange-flavored butter cookie. White chocolate chips are an added touch of decadence, but you may omit them, if you wish.
    INGREDIENTS:
    · 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
    · 1 teaspoon baking powder
    · 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) salted butter, at room temperature
    · 1 cup sugar
    · 1 large egg
    · 1/2 cup orange marmalade
    · 1 (8 ounces) can mandarin oranges, chopped and drained
    · 1 cup white chocolate chips
    · Powdered sugar, optional
    PREPARATION:
    Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpats.

Whisk together flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.

Place butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and blend with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture appears grainy but well-mixed. Add egg and orange marmalade, beating until smooth. Reduce mixer speed to low and add flour mixture and mandarin oranges. Mix only until combined. Do not overmix. Fold in white chocolate chips. Chill mixture for 30 to 60 minutes to firm up.

Drop tablespoons of dough onto prepared cookie sheets, placing cookies 1-1/2 inches apart. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until bottoms just begin to brown. Let rest on cookie sheets for 5 minutes before using a spatula to move them to racks. Cool to room temperature and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.

Yield: 3 to 4 dozen cookies

False
    Or how about over vanilla ice-cream, yum.

I'll trade ya my marmalade for your peach preserves, LOL
    False
    Hey guys thanks for the ideas!!
    False