Does anybody from NC know when the dogwoods usually bloom | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Does anybody from NC know when the dogwoods usually bloom

Last post Jul 04, 2007 3:15 AM by gratefulservant_AZ . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Does anybody from NC know when the dogwoods usually bloom
    The last time I went there in the spring we went in late march or very early april and it was gorgeous, but the dogwoods werent' out yet. I am trying to decide when to plan my vacation next year and I am thinking of trying to get there when the dogwoods are blooming so I can get pics of the Blue Ridge parkway and the family cemetery when the dogwoods are blooming. my guess is later in APril maybe. He was from Brevard/Asheville area. I'm not completely positive it will be then. There is also the mid-September thing so that is another possibility. Was just kind of curious. Thanks.

False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

• RE: Does anybody from NC know when the dogwoods usually bloom
    late March- early April-this year we had dogwoods at Easter.
    False
    Dogwoods bloom around Easter time.
    False
    Ya'll are quick! LOL...It's around Easter...My MIL has a beautiful one that is twisted, pink and white! I had never seen both colors on one tree before. It's sooooooo pretty!
    False
    --Katie "You block your dreams when you allow your fear to grow bigger then your faith""
    I don't know about North Carolina but here in Kentucky the dogwoods bloom in late March or early April, usually around Easter.
    False
    I love dogwoods, especially the pink ones. Wish they would grow here. I tried, too alkaline, even with Miracid. Katie, I bet that tree is absolutely gorgeous! I'm thinking that maybe when I get to retire at the post office (not anytime soon) I can do travel nursing at least in the spring and fall so I can sort of have the 4 seasons. I miss that. NC sure is a beautiful state. Thanks for your quick responses.

Sherry
    False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

Sherry...Early April is usually a good time for the dogwoods in the flat lands...but you might find that they bloom somewhat later in the mountain areas. I would think that maybe mid to late April might be best. I bet you could call the Chamber of Commerce or one of the Vistor's centers and they could tell you. I agree with you about NC...we have the best of both worlds...the ocean on our east and the mountains on the west. I hope you enjoy your visit here.

Fratz
    False
    I live in the mountains of East Tennessee just west of Ashville. This year, the dogwood and redbud were blooming beautifully at Easter. However, we had a big snow that froze all of them. My relatives came down from Pennsylvania and remarked how beautiful they were coming down. Going back, they were frozen. It was sad because they were unusally pretty.
    False
    I bet you are right, Fratz. I know there is a visitor center in Asheville, because I went there when I got lost the last time I was there (LOL). I could also ask some of his relatives who live there. I just love dogwoods. They are so, so beautiful. I should have known they bloomed at Easter.
    False