OT: Do you use Bounty Paper Towels? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

OT: Do you use Bounty Paper Towels?

Last post Jul 17, 2007 10:51 AM by Fratz_NC . 21 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 12
  • OT: Do you use Bounty Paper Towels?
    I never buy this brand but they were on sale last week...so I bought a six pack. Every time I tear a towel off, it looks like it is snowing. I have tiny pieces of white paper all over my kitchen counter. I thought that maybe it was just one roll...so, I tried two more...the same thing. Is this normal for Bounty towels? If so, I will not buy them again.

Fratz
    False
  • RE: OT: Do you use Bounty Paper Towels?
    I have never had any problem with Bounty. I use them all of the time. Call the 800 number on the package and express your concerns.

FYI, included in the Bounty brand is Bounty Basic. They are less expensive and are not nearly as good. I won't ever buy those. It is worth the difference to get Bounty instead of Bounty Basic.

Kate
    False
    I agree. Bounty is the only paper towel I use and have never had a problem.
    False
    Thanks Kate...these were the regular Bounty towels. I have seen the Bounty Basics at a grocery store here. They are much cheaper...but I have never tried them. I have no idea what is wrong with these towels.

Fratz
    False
    Fratz, call 1-800-9-BOUNTY in the morning. Explain your concerns. They are very helpful and don't want you to be dissatisfied.

Kate
    False
    I use Bounty all the time and have never had a problem with them. Maybe you got a bad batch. Was the 6 pack on a special deal, maybe just made for the cheapness?
    Beth
    False
    I have found the Bounty paper towels stink when they get wet. Has anyone else had this problem?
    False
    I'll join the others! I always use Bounty and NEVER have any problem with them. I wonder what's wrong with yours. Hmm.
    False
    Fratz,Bounty is the brand we always use and never had that problem.I'd caal in the morning.Thanks Ms.P&G for your help.LOL Depo!!!
    False
    I only buy Bounty - the only kind I'll use. Never had a problem with them stinkin when they're wet, never had the snow issue either.
    False
    dnaleri - Yes! I've always noticed that Bounty towels stink (kind of a musty weird smell) when they are wet - but I have a very very good sense of smell and can usually smell things that most people can't (or it's just stronger to me).

I refuse to use one to wipe my face because I can smell it for so long after! LOL. (I like to use paper towels instead of napkins for certain foods like BBQ and Corn on the Cob).

PS:

NO 'snow' is not normal. Maybe it's just a bad batch.
    False
    I have used Bounty forever, just love it. Does not melt away on you when you're wiping something wet. Also use it when cleaning for my clients.

Crea
    False
    I also use Bounty towels with no trouble with snow or smell. I think that the 'supersmellers' out there are smelling the odor from the wet lap or stock that the towels are made from, which becomes more prominent if the towel is wet. I used to work in a fine paper mill, and the raw stock does smell sour and woody. Most folks wouldn't be able to detect the smell though, I'd think.
    False
    Stimpy Click for Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin Forecast
    Thank you all so much. I am going to call them tomorrow morning and see what they have to say about the mess I purchased. I believe that this must be a bad batch. The white paper bits are all over the inside of each sheet. I can pull a sheet out, blow gently, and create the snow. They were on special...can't remember the price but it was low enough to get me to try them.

About the smell...for a thousand years, I used Scott paper towels. Then they changed something and they had this horrible smell...even when dry. I switched to Viva and just love them.

Thank you again...I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow.

Fratz
    False
    I will ONLY use Bounty, both at home and at the preschool. We have a long-running contest to see how much paint we can wash off easels with just one! (A lot-usually all 4 easels). I have never smelled anything when they are wet, either. I wonder if there are regional differences? I am in Mew England.
    False