Can I freeze Velveeta Cheese and use my food saver too? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can I freeze Velveeta Cheese and use my food saver too?

Last post Jul 30, 2007 9:28 AM by retteacher . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • Can I freeze Velveeta Cheese and use my food saver too?
    I can never remember if velveeta is a good thing to freeze. I have a food saver that I can use too. What do you think? Many thanks for your reply.

Dianne
    False
  • RE: Can I freeze Velveeta Cheese and use my food saver too?
    I would think the food saver would smash the velveeta since it is a very soft cheese.

I don't know if you can freeze it or not.
    False
    I've never tried Velveeta frozen but can tell you that if you are freezing anything "smashable" you can do so easily by putting it in a temporary bag or container and freeze it solid. Then take it out of the freezer and seal it up in the food saver bags. I freeze a LOT of soft foods that way. Love our strawberries on a cookie sheet and then tossed in the bags after they are solid. Soup goes in a Tupperware/Coolwhip container...Freeze it solid, pop it out into a Food Saver bag and seal away.

Maybe someone else knows if the Velveeta actually holds up well after defrosting.

Tippytoes
    False
    From Kraft website:

Can VELVEETA Pasteurized Process Cheese Product be frozen? We do not recommend that you freeze VELVEETA Pasteurized Process Cheese Product. Freezing VELVEETA Pasteurized Process Cheese Product may cause changes in the texture of the cheese. Crystals may form within the product which may make it grainy, or its texture to become mushy. Freezing can also break down the ingredients used to make the cheese. This may cause water to form on the surface of the product. Freezing can also negatively impact the flavor.

False