Can you freeze fried chicken? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can you freeze fried chicken?

Last post Aug 14, 2007 11:43 AM by cooknchic . 13 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
  • Can you freeze fried chicken?
    I am going to make some this week, but I will probably have leftovers....Will the coating just fall off and/or be mush when I reheat it??

Thanks!

Amy
    False

• RE: Can you freeze fried chicken?
    It won't be crisp. More like it was steamed. Soft, though mine wasn't mush.
    False
    I really don't like the taste of fried chicken after it has been frozen. And the texture becomes soft.
    False
    OK~Thanks for the input. Maybe I'll just freeze some of it now, before I've fried it, and if I run out, I run out, lol!!

Amy
    False

I tear it into little pieces, then freeze. I take out a little when I have craving for it on my salads. It's fine that way. NOt real crisp, but still good!
    False
    Shoot, I thought the question was "Can you freeze children" thought it would be an interesting read.

Couldn't you freeze it, then when you want to eat it, throw it onto the BBQer for a bit? That should crisp it up.
    False
    Janet~That's a good idea. I don't each much chicken, which is why I would probably have leftovers...I wonder if DH would eat it like that...Worth a try!

Char~Isn't it funny sometimes what our brains process when we read something? I misread the titles a lot on the BB as I'm skimming through, and it does make for a hilarious topic!!
    False

Amy, I freeze leftover fried chicken all the time & its fine, you just have to reheat in a 425-450 degree oven, it only takes about 15-20 mins & its still delish :)
    False
    Amy, I was going to tell you to put it on the bbq grill but Char beat me to it. I always did it & put a hot sauce on it . Yummy.

Marilyn
    False
    OK, I don't know if that last one posted, lol~I hit reply too soon!!

Anyway, Cittie and Marilyn~Thanks for the ideas. Good to know it will work out OK...

So, it doesn't dry out during the reheat, right?? LOL, I am the queen of drying out meat :)

Amy
    False

Amy, I always heat the pan that I'll be putting the chicken on in the over during the preheat.

and no it won't dry it out, unless it was dried out during the first cook.

:::snicker:::
    False
    Considering Banquet has been doing it for 40 years... yes. LOL.

It's only soft if you microwave it. You freeze and then reheat in the oven and it's crisp and juicy. You can also reheat in the microwave and then crisp it under the broiler.

False
    I freeze mine on a cookie sheet then pag it . place bag in freezer. When ready to use let it thaw a little and place in the oven or toaster oven to heat through and it will also be crispy.
    False
    ROFLOL at Cittie~Good point you have there :)

Meritt~I had to laugh when I read your post too~I never even thought about Banquet frozen chicken!! Also, I know that many, many foods come frozen, but I always assume they are using commercial tricks or equipment that the homecook doesn't have access too, but I guess not :)
    False