ISO: What to do with leftover hotdogs? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: What to do with leftover hotdogs?

Last post Sep 05, 2007 6:12 AM by Angielikes2cook_KY . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • ISO: What to do with leftover hotdogs?
    We had a party yesterday and have way too many grilled hotdogs left over. Any ideas on what I can do with them?
    False
  • RE: ISO: What to do with leftover hotdogs?
    my mom used to grind them up and add sweet pickle relish and alittle mayo for a spread...but I think she used boiled dogs.....
    False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

beanie weinies
    False
    You could freeze them for a month or two and bring them out on a cold rainy day.

deb
    False
    You can always cut them in half and roll them in crescent rolls with cheese for an easy meal. My children love pigs in the blankets made this way. I also cut them up and put them in pork in beans with cooked bacon, onions, garlic and some green pepper. Yummy and quick.
    False
    Cut them into 1" pieces and put in crock pot with chili sauce and grape jelly. Great appetizers.
    Janetplanet
    False
    My mom used to add them to macaroni and cheese. We loved them that way!

Judy
    False
    We used to cut them up amd fry them with left over potatoes. They were so good. Now you made me hungry for that!!!
    False
    When I was growing up we always had leftover hot dogs heated up in a skillet with sauerkraut. Or heat up, put on a toasted hot dog bun (open faced) with heated up sauerkraut on top. It's funny...I wasn't crazy about them then (didn't like hot sauerkraut), but now I just drool thinking about them.

And, my dad would cut them up into his "end of the week" pot of soup (whatever the refrigerator had to offer). That and a slab of hot buttered cornbread and we were set for the weekend to start.

Put them on wooden skewers, dip in a thick cornbread batter and deep fry for lucious corn dogs. Serve with spicy mustard, ketchup and a batch of french fries.
    False
    I like them with fried potatoes and eggs in the morning. I cut them almost in half (So the will lay open.) and brown them in the skillet after frying the eggs and have them with cheese on them.

You can put them with tater tots and cream of something soup, with cheese on top and bake until hot and toasty.

Cherie - IN †
    False
    You could make chili in a crockpot and cut the dogs up in there to cook. Sprinkle with cheese when ready to eat and eat with some fritos! YUM! :0)

My kids love this and I think I got it from KateMarie. My nephew really liked it too.

Corn Dog Casserole

3/4 lb Hot Dogs 1/4 tsp pepper
    1 Egg 1 pkg. Jiffy Cornbread Mix
    3/4 cup Milk Cooking Spray
    1 tsp. Thyme Ketchup &/or Mustard

Slice hot dogs. Spray skillet with spray and saute hot dogs for 5 minutes. Reserve
    1 cup of the hot dogs. Put the remainer hot dogs in a bowl. In a separate bowl,
    combine egg, milk, thyme & pepper. Add hot dogs. Stir in cornbread mix. Spread
    mix into casserole dish. Top with reserved hot dogs. Bake @ 400 for 30 minutes.
    Cut into squares & serve with ketchup and/or mustard for dipping.

False
    Hugs, Angie Visit my blog http://5kidsmyhusbandandme.blogspot.com/