R&R: bebeblue's frozen whole peaches. OMG Good! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

R&R: bebeblue's frozen whole peaches. OMG Good!

Last post Sep 09, 2007 5:05 PM by Victoria1956 . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • R&R: bebeblue's frozen whole peaches. OMG Good!
    I froze half a dozen peaches this way to test it out and OMG are they good. They taste just like fresh peaches. DD wanted something juicy to eat so I asked if she wanted a peach. I pulled one out of the freezer and microwaved it until it yielded to pressure, 1-1/2 min. in my 700 watt microwave. The skin came right off and it cut right off the pit. The color is great and so is the flavor. They are softer than fresh but that is to be expected. Great way to have fresh peaches all year. Thanks bebeblues.
    chefly

Posted by: bebeblues Replies: 15 Posted on: 8/15/2007 6:30:03 PM
    #T871595
    I picked bushels of peaches the other day and was trying to figure out the best way to freeze peaches. I came across this online, has anyone tried this?

I found this on www.countryroads.net

Canning and Freezing
    Freezing Fresh Peaches

How to freeze peaches!

Let whole, unblemished peaches ripen - dead ripe.

2. Arrange whole peaches on a cookie sheet and place in freezer.

3. After peaches have frozen solid; place them in a plastic bag.

4. When you are ready to use, removed the desired number of peaches from the bag, run cold water over frozen peach and slip off the skin.

5. Microwave for 10 to 15 seconds.

6. Slice peaches to use as you desire for cereal toppings, pies or cobbler, ice cream, or simply slice them, add a little sugar if needed and enjoy.

Peaches frozen this way taste just like peaches picked fresh from the tree. IF IN DOUBT, TRY A FEW! You will never freeze peaches any other way again.
    False
  • RE: R&R: bebeblue's frozen whole peaches. OMG Good!
    I didn't even put them on a cookie sheet. I washed them, dried them and put them in zip-loc bags. They were ripe but not "dead-ripe".
    chefly
    False
    Sounds good but I wonder why they don't turn brown. If I don't use fruit fresh on my recipe they turn brown.

Debbie
    False
    Wouldn't freezing them whole with the skin still intact keep them from turning until they are thawed. I'm guessing that once you thaw and peel them they would turn brown just as the fresh ones, perhaps even quicker.

I think this sounds like a great idea for fresh tasting fruit. It would be the same idea as making freezer jam instead of regular method. I love the freezer version of strawberry jam because it tastes so much like fresh berries.
    False
    How very clever!!! Never heard of this!
    Thanks, chefly & bebeblues!
    :)
    Ellen
    False
    Very interesting and clever~` I must try this` ~~` Thanks for the review Chef and Thanks to bebeblue~ For sharing this unique idea~ Janie
    False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

kytraveler is correct about them not turning brown because the skins are still on when frozen. My DD was studying and let the cut up peach sit on the plate for close to 10 minutes before she ate it and it hadn't turned brown in that amount of time. They taste so fresh frozen this way.
    chefly
    False
    Hi Chefly,

Thanks so much for the review. I did a test freeze as well, but haven't took them out to check. Now I am regretting not doing them all like that LOL :o)

Take care,

Corinna
    False
    save
    False