peach pie recipe using canned peaches? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

peach pie recipe using canned peaches?

Last post Oct 12, 2007 10:30 PM by Darvr . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • peach pie recipe using canned peaches?
    Does anyone have a pie recipe for a peach pie using canned peaches. I live in Missouri and we didn't get any peaches this year due to a late freeze. I'm not sure about the sugar, etc. if using canned peaches because they are already sweet.

Thanks for any help!

Jeanna
    False
  • RE: peach pie recipe using canned peaches?
    bumping up. I want to know too.
    False
    'A true friend is someone who knows you're a good egg even if you're a little cracked.'
    I found this on cooks.com

PEACH COBBLER

1 package of pre-rolled pie crust

1 1/2 cans of sliced Freestone peaches

cinnamon-just a little

sugar
    butter
    nutmeg (pinch)

This is one easy peach cobbler that can be made with a store-bought crust and canned peaches.
    Preheat oven to 350. Move the bottom crust into an 8 in square pan, pinch and shape into place. Put in peaches and juice from 1 can (more if you like), add pats of butter, sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, and just a pinch of nutmeg.

Top with a prepared purchased top crust, pinch and shape over bottom crust to seal. Cut slits and sprinkle lightly with sugar if desired.

Put in 350 oven and bake until brown and bubbly top and bottom.

False
    another One on cooks.com

PEACH COBBLER

3 lg. cans sliced peaches
    2 c. sugar
    1 1/2 c. water
    2 tbsp. cornstarch
    2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/2 c. butter
    1/4 tsp. lemon flavoring

Combine all ingredients except cornstarch in large saucepan. Cook over medium low heat until peaches are soft and tender (approximately 45 minutes). Slowly stir water into cornstarch making a liquid paste. Pour into peaches stirring briskly. Pour into casserole dish. Fold overlapping crust to cover cobbler.
    False
    I refer to this as "winter time peach pie" when I am out of frozen peaches. My daughter actually likes it better than fresh peaches.

PEACH PIE
    3 c. sliced canned peaches, drain
    and reserve syrup
    1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
    1/3 c. reserved peach syrup
    2 Tblsp. lemon juice
    2 Tblsp. cornstarch
    1/8 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. almond extract

Mix all ingrediants together, place in pie shell, dot with 2 Tblsp. butter. Top with second crust.
    Bake 400 degrees for 45 minutes

nancy
    False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

You sure can use canned peaches in a pie recipe.

Drained canned peaches and only use half the amount of sugar the pie calls for.

website addy is calclingpeach.com

Sounds like you got some great recipes....

piggykins
    False

"Have a piggy perfect day!"
    Thanks for the great recipes. Now I don't have to wait for summer for delicious peach pie.

Jeanna
    False
    Jeanna,

There was a (Cake to Die For / aka Ambrosia Cake by Catsgalore) recipe on the BB that called for Peach Pie Filling and I had never bought any and wondered about converting my my home-canned Peaches. This is what was the response for me and I've used it every time I make this cake - I see no reason why it doesn't work well as a GOOD actual pie filling! *G* ......

PIE FILLING made from Canned Peaches:

Drain the peaches. Save the juice.
    Add 2 - 3 T. Cornstarch to the juice & about 1/2 c. sugar (to taste) & cook until thickened.
    You may also add: Nutmeg or Cinnamon and/or butter.

Baking a Pie: Make above, pour into pie shell & bake for 30 - 35 min. @ 400 Deg.

Dar
    False