What Are Some Pizza Topping Ideas? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What Are Some Pizza Topping Ideas?

Last post Mar 13, 2004 10:20 PM by Mom3boys__Missouri . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • What Are Some Pizza Topping Ideas?
    I usually just use pepperoni or sausage but I want to be creative. Got any ideas?
    False
  • RE: What Are Some Pizza Topping Ideas?
    I make BBQ Chicken pizza, use bbq sauce on the crust and top with greenpepper, onions, bacon bits and chopped chicken, covered with mozzarella cheese. YUM! Vicki
    False

Vicki aka waitressno119_IL

roasted veggies are a favorite of ours. I take sliced veggies like sweet red peppers, eggplant, onions, zucchini etc and toss them with olive oil and salt and roast them in a 450 degree oven for about 15 minutes, turning a few times until golden and sweet. I let them cool a bit and then top the pizza before putting it in the oven. I like to do this for fridays during lent when we have meatless fridays. yum!

another idea is mexican pizza, with thinly sliced tomatoes instead of tomato sauce, mexican flavore shredded cheese, a can of diced green chilies and a can of sliced black olives, then bake. This one makes a great appetizer too.
    False
    One of our favorites is to use ranch dressing as the sauce, chopped onions and mushrooms and a thawed and squeezed box of frozen spinach. The sprinkle with parmesan and mozzarella. Really, really good!
    False
    marinated artichoke hearts, tiny shrimp, jalapeno peppers, garlic, and once in a while I make Alfredo sauce instead of a red sauce.
    False
    BBQ chicken pizza- BBQ sauce, onions, red peppers, chicken, mozza cheese

buffalo chicken pizza- blue cheese salad dressing, hot sauce, chicken, mozza

Teriyaki chicken pizza- teriyaki sauce, chicken, pineapple, mozza

BBQ Ham- BBQ sauce, ham, red peppers, mushrooms

Philly cheesesteak- steak, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, mozza
    False
    An added note: here is what I do when i have leftover cold cuts to use up. (particularly salami since my husband loves salami)

Take pizza dough or thawed frozen bread dough or even the pillsbury hot roll mix or refrigerated pizza crust, roll it out into a rectangle and then whatever cold cuts you have like salami, ham, capicollo etc just place the slices on top of the rectangle and add parmesan, a little basil and some mozzarella or provolone cheese. Roll this up jelly roll style, tuck the ends under and seal and place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Bake in 400 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes or until golden outside and cheese is melted. I let it cool for a couple of minutes and then you can cut it in small slices as an appetizer or in 2 or 3 big slices as a nice hot sandwich like a homemade hot pocket. Serve with warm tomato sauce. Delicious and a nice way to use up leftover cold cuts.
    False
    I like to rub the crust with a cut garlic clove or a mash of roasted garlic dried basil, oregano and olive oil and then spread pesto on the crust instead of pizza sauce. Then I put fresh mushrooms, onions, peppers and spinach on top, a little mozzarella and romano cheese and top with dried italian seasonings. It's also good to use thin sliced fresh tomatoes instead of pizza sauce sprinkle fresh shredded basil on that and then top with the veggies. Shredded chicken and crumbled feta is good with kalamata olives, fresh tomatoes and mozzarella. I always add romano cheese too because it has such a great flavor. And always use a pizza stone!! It makes the BEST crust!!
    False
    I like onion, bacon or ham on a regular pizza.

Mexican pizza use salsa instead of tomato sauce top w/taco flavored shredded cheese, browned grd meat, black olives and chopped grn onion

Hot wing pizza-shredded chicken and hot wing sauce w/shredded mozzerella and cheddar
    False
    bacon, mushroom & fresh tomatoes

greek: hamburger, purple onion, olives, fresh tomatoes and feta cheese

ham, mushroom and peppers

Great White North: cheddar and mozzarella with ham

False
    Here's one I use in hot weather. Start with a Boboli pizza crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella and basil, bake at 400 for 5 minutes to melt cheese. Top with lettuce and tomatoes and serve as a salad!

Laurel
    False
    One of my favorite homemade pizzas was a veggie pizza with the following ingredients: sauted broccoli, sundried tomatoes, sliced red onions, mushrooms, green or red pepper, black olives, and garlic. I used the sundried tomatoes packed in oil and it more than made up for the pepperoni in my book! And I am a pepperoni fan all the way. LOL
    False

I make all the pizzas everyone else already posted. LOL.

I do use smoked gouda and red onion on my BBQ Chicken Pizza.

I love to mix a little bit of pizza sauce into my Ranch Dressing for the Chicken Ranch Pizza.

False
    Not really creative, but I always use purple onions when I make pizza.
    False
    When I want something different I usually make a canadian bacon and saurkraut pizza. My DH tends to like pepperoni or most meat pizzas and I lean towards veggie ones. We both like the bacon/saurkraut one though.
    False