Whoever posted the Cornstarch window cleaning tip... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Whoever posted the Cornstarch window cleaning tip...

Last post Jun 09, 2012 8:37 AM by Tammi_IN . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Whoever posted the Cornstarch window cleaning tip...
    THANK YOU! I tried this yesterday and I didn't remember the correct amounts. I just put some in a bucket of water and then washed and dried the windows. I couldn't believe it!! I think my windows are cleaner now than they have ever been in the 4-5 years we lived here! Thanks again from a happy woman :) Donna
    False
  • RE: Whoever posted the Cornstarch window cleaning tip...
    I second that :)! We have glass in the hanging lamps above the tables and COULD NOT get them to look clean, especially with the lights on, and I decided to try the tip - well it really did the trick. In fact my husband had just "done" them that day and we really were surprised how good they looked.
    Sue
    False
    Donna and Sue...

I really don't understand how to use this stuff....I'm sure if you come over and show me, I'll get the hang of it after ALL my windows are clean! *grin*

~~susie.

False

Dee I don't think they ever said how much to use. I think that I used too much. Tryed it in a spray bottle and turned the window white and like to never got it off LOL-------But did have a clean , clean window!! Think I will add more water and try again.
    Sure like the idea of no smelly stuff.

Nancy
    False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Does anyone have the actual proportions to use? My windows really NEED a washing and this sounds like I'd like to try it!
    Thanks ~ Patti
    False

photo ME_shells_Patti.gif

I believe it was Twinkle.

Barb
    False
    Not sure who posted it but here is the recipe:

4 c. water
    1/2 c. cornstarch

mix in a spray bottle. spray window and wipe with a terry cloth rag. using a clean, dry rag - polish window

I used this on the inside of the car windows. Worked great!!! I never have any luck cleaning them well, but this worked.

dawn
    :-)
    False

"Wow, I really regret that workout"  said Nobody Ever

"...know that I will never love anyone like I love you & I am forever altered by who you are and what you mean to me..."

Thanks Dawn
    No wonder my window was white!! I had nearly that much corn starch in a bottle!!-LOL It looked like the old window cleaner of the 50's

Nancy
    False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

LOL Susie, I don't think we're quite THAT gulible :) It was actually kind of fun though, and I can't wait to get the rest of them done.
    False

Bump

False