Best plastic wrap? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Best plastic wrap?

Last post Mar 19, 2004 4:25 PM by Bride_of_Cow . 13 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
  • Best plastic wrap?
    Is there a brand of plastic wrap that you think is better than the others? I seem to have different complaints about different ones. I never remember which I don't want to get though.
    False
  • RE: Best plastic wrap?
    I tried Glad Press and Seal this time. I like it. The only thing I don't like is that the metal cutter on the box doesn't cut as I would like it to.

Jenni
    False
    I always buy the brand at BJ's now--Stretch-Tite. It is durable and doesn't stick to itself like the others. Rosemary
    False
    For regular plastic I like Reynolds but for sealing a container or covering You can not beat the new Glad Press'n Seal.
    I send alot of goodies with my DH and with the Glad there is never a spill and it will reseal.

nancy
    False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

I like Sam's Choice stretchable wrap, but then I haven't tried Glad Press and Seal.

Mapanda
    False

If your spirit is grateful and humble / your tongue won't constantly grumble.
    I love the Press N Seal!

Barb
    False
    The best one I've found is "meadowbrook" plastic stretchable food wrap. You can buy it from quixtar.com
    I have an IBO number if you want to order.
    False
    Oh yes, hands down it`s gotta be the Glad Press and Seal. What I like best about it is that you can use it to cover a bowl to heat something up in the microwave and it will not melt. I have cooked something in the microwave for 5 minutes before and I was so surprised at how well it stood up to the heat. I just put the Press and Seal over the bowl and poke a few holes in it with a fork or something to vent. As far as regular plastic wrap though, I do like the Glad brand best. Has anyone tried the Glad Quick Covers? I love em.

Cathy
    False
    I'm okay with both the Reynolds and Glad, but I always keep some Saran Wrap around too.

Saran is a completely different product (I believe it's nylon). It doesn't cling very much, it's less porous than the others, so if your rubberband it to the bowl, it really keeps smells out and moisture in.

Particularly useful if you've made a custard filling, but the cake's not ready yet. Also good for wrapping butter (which picks up smells easily).
    False
    Reynolds Premium Plastic Wrap with the new EZ Slide Cutter - by far the best. And I've tried them all!
    tara
    False
    I must have gotten a bad box of Press and Seal. Mine did not press or seal worth a darn. I have several tupperware bowls with no lids and I thought this would be a great product to use with them. It just will not stick to the rim of the bowls. DD tried it and tipped a small bowl over the sink and everthing spilled out.
    False
    I use ORIGINAL Saran Wrap. Why?? It will not crinkle until it hits 265º. This is important if you wrap your cooked meats in it. All the others will not stand up to that kind of heat.

I make sausages and use it instead of casings. VERY nice way to make sausage....no stuffer, grinders or casings needed!
    False
    I am devoted to stretch tite, gives a very tight seal, easy to use..i have had poor luck w/ press&seal also
    False
    That's good to know BBQGURU. In my post above, I also meant Original Saran Wrap.
    False