How do fix Pierogies?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How do fix Pierogies??

Last post Mar 27, 2004 3:02 PM by melly . 22 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 2 of 2 (23 items) 12
  • RE: How do fix Pierogies??
    DH and I eat these all the time and have never boiled them first. Just thaw and fry with margarine and onions. Although I think I would like to try chefly's recipe with the broccoli and cream of chicken soup.

And as for side dishes - my DH considers this the side dish in place of potatoes - still have to cook a main dish. Men, sheesh.
    False
    To speak of "mere words" is much like speaking of "mere dynamite." --------French Philosopher CJ Ducasse
    Seved panned fried with fried cabbage and onions. EVerybody loves them.
    False
    I boil them. In a fry pan brown an onion choped in margarine. Add 1 can mushroom soup, 1/2c. sour cream and enough milk to thin to desired consistency. Add perogies and heat and add grated cheddar just before serving.
    False
    I get mine from my Ukrainian girlfried. You boil them until they float (5 min.) approx. In the meantime melt butter and saute onions. Drain Pierogies and top with the butter and onions. Serve with sour cream and bacon bits (I fry my own bacon. Yummy.
    False
    If they are frozen there is no need to thaw before you boil them. I just put in my order with my girlfriend. I had been buying them at the store but they are nothing like buying the homemade pierogies from my friend. These are the best. My daughter was wishing she could have Amelia's pierogies sent to Las Vegas.
    False
    What is Pierogies?
    False
    Where did you find Mrs. T's Pierogies? I've looked at Dillon's & Super Wal-Mart stores without success.

LindaNOTchicken
    False
    Thank you so much for all of the recipes.

I found the pierogies at our local Super Wal-Mart store.
    False