Cake Crumb Cookies..What to do with leftover cake | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Cake Crumb Cookies..What to do with leftover cake

Last post Oct 23, 2014 11:06 AM by carol1229 . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Cake Crumb Cookies..What to do with leftover cake
    Spice Cookies

3-1/2 C. white or yellow cake crumbs.................4 egg yolks

1/2 t. baking powder..........................................6 T. cold water

1/2 C. shortening...............................................1 t. vanilla

1/2 C. sugar......................................................1 C. raisins

1 t. cinnamon.....................................................1 C. chopped nuts

1/2 t. allspice

Place left over cake in mixing bowl & beat until fine crumbs. Add the rest of the ingredients except nuts & raisins; beat until well mixed. Stir in nuts & raisins, drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Yield: about 5 dozen.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Omit the raisins & spices from Spice Cookie recipe, and add 1/2 C. cocoa and 12oz of chocolate chips.

Chocolate Drop Cookies

Omit raisins & spices from Spice Cookie recipe, use chocolate or devil's food cake crumbs instead of white, and add 1/2 C. cocoa.

Coconut Drop Cookies

Omit spices, raisins & nuts from Spice Cookie recipe & add 1 C. coconut.

False
  • RE: Cake Crumb Cookies..What to do with leftover cake
    Leftover cake? Never heard of such a thing .... DH has the biggest sweet tooth around, will eat ALL stale cake!

Barb
    False
    I agree. Leftover cake? What the heck is that? Never heard of it at my house!

Thanks for posting this ingenious recipe, though.
    False
    When I was in high school, the bakery I worked at had a big "crumb bucket" and when it hit a certain level they made muffins.

Jolene
    False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

Hi.....great idea! Thanks!
    ~Barb~
    False

I will admit-this recipe has me curious.....now all I need is leftover cake........or I should say a cake in the house.....that would be a good place to start!

Thanks for sharing the recipe, cake_decorator,

Carol

False