My 2 favorite crocheted dishcloth pattern links. | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

My 2 favorite crocheted dishcloth pattern links.

Last post Mar 30, 2004 1:00 PM by Eileen39_wa . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • My 2 favorite crocheted dishcloth pattern links.
    I have seen different links and patterns for dishcloths on this BB. I just thought I would add my two favorite patterns. I absolutely love the dishcloth made from the pattern of the first link below. It works up beautifully and very quickly. Not only that but, it is not too bulky. Most of the crocheted patterns I have used in the past are either too bulky or they spread apart too much when wet. This one suits me very well. I hope you all enjoy it as well. I know many of you may already have made this, as I have, but I decided to post these links for others that may not know about them. The second link is for a much prettier pattern using a similar stitch. I still tend to go for the first pattern because it works up quicker. Enjoy !!!

Hey_Mom

http://www.crochetnmore.com/afghanstitchdishcloth.htm

http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/12dishcloths/tunisiandishcloth.shtml
    False
  • RE: My 2 favorite crocheted dishcloth pattern links.
    Thanks for posting Hey Mom! I love doing Tunesian crochet!
    False
    Are these addresses correct? I would love to have both, but could not access sites. Please advise.
    Nanee1
    False
    Nannie1 The first site opened fine. The second is a member site but has free patterns. I am a member of that site so if you want me to email you the directions for both just post an email address to send it to.
    False
    http://www.jpfun.com/cgi-bin/patterns/free.cgi

Try this link for the free dischloth pattern.
    False
    Thanks for these suggestions. I've copied instructions for the first cloth. I just started making these this winter and haven't seen this one. From your description, it sounds like one I would like using.

Thanks.

prairiegirl
    False
    Wow...I am sorry you had trouble opening the links. I copied and pasted them right from my browser. I tried opening them again and they opened fine for me. I have no idea why you couldn't access them. I saw where Homestyle said that one of the sites was a member only site. Well, I am not a member but I was allowed access to the pattern. I must have gotten lucky or something. The way I found it was by typing "afghan stitch dishcloth pattern" in my Yahoo search engine window. It showed various sites, but I liked these 2 the best. Actually, I have made 2 of the dishcloths just today. I made one at lunch time and the other while I was watching Fear Factor. That lets you know how quickly they can be made. I don't like mine as big, so I shortened the pattern to fit my needs.

I hope you get the site to open. If you want to leave me your email address, I would be happy to email you the link directly. It's up to you. I know some people are not comfortable leaving their email addresses on a public BB, and I totally understand. Let me know if I can help.

If any of you have tried and true dishcloth patterns or other crochet patterns that you would like to share, I would love to have them. I just recently made a hot mat out of bottlecaps that were covered with purple crochet thread. They were then sewn together to look like a pod of grapes. The leaves were just crocheted with green thread. Really cute and the pattern was free from the Internet.

Have a great evening,
    Hey_Mom
    False
    Have you tried this site?

www.jimsyldesign.com/~dishbout/cpatterns/crochet.html

False
    Thanks I've bookmarked them for later.
    AbbysMom
    False
    The jpfun site has free patterns for non members and the dishcloth is free. I am not rejoining that site, it does not have that many good patterns worth paying a membership fee, although the first month is only a $1 if you want to check out all the patterns.
    False
    All sites mentioned here opened fine for me by using 'paste' into the address bar. Thank you for sharing these websites, I have gone/looked and saved the pages to favorites...

Eileen
    False