Spumoni Cheesecake | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Spumoni Cheesecake

Last post Apr 11, 2012 8:48 PM by jean9chat . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Spumoni Cheesecake
    I am trying to find a recipe called Spumoni Cheesecake. It has 3 different layers: Bottom layer is pistachio light green layer, middle layer is cherry-light pink layer and the top layer maybe cream cheese - amaretlo layer, white layer.
    Does anyone have the recipe for this?
    I'd like to make it for Easter Sunday.
    Thanks,
    K.Leiidy
    False
  • RE: Spumoni Cheesecake
    Welcome to the board! I'm sorry I don't have a recipe to share with you, but maybe someone else can help.

Jolene
    False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

bumping...this sure would be good if someone has a recipe!! I love spumoni ice cream!
    False
    I searched the web and this is the best I can come up with. I have to post in several posts. There's a cake and two toppings. Hope this is what you are looking for. - Cherie -

Dot's Spumoni Cheesecake
    you can make this recipe with a chocolate sauce, if desired.

Crust:

1 1/2 packages graham crackers, crushed
    6 tablespoons butter, melted
    1/3 cup sugar

Mix and pat into bottom of a springform pan. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes.

Filling:

24 ounces cream cheese, softened
    5 jumbo eggs, separated
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    2 packages Knox gelatin
    3 tablespoons cocoa
    1/2 cup melted or softened spumoni
    1 pint whipping cream

Soften gelatin in small saucepan with 3/4 cup water.
    Stir egg yolks into 1 cup sugar.
    Add to gelatin mixture and cook over medium heat.
    Stirring constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles.
    Cool.
    Beat cheese in large bowl until light and fluffy.
    Add cocoa and beat again. Add the spumoni and beat some more.
    Slowly add gelatin mixture an blend well.
    Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
    Add remaining 1/2 cup sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
    Fold into cheese mixture. Whip cream and fold into cheese mixture.
    Pour into crust and refrigerated several hours or overnight.

Serves 12.

False
    second part -

rec:Chocolate Glaze for Cheesecake
    1/2 c whipping cream
    9 oz semisweet chocolate; chopped
    1 chocolate curls; optional

cool cake in pan on rack 10 min. Run sharp
    knife around pan sides to loosen cake. Cool. Chill overnight.

FOR GLAZE: Bring cream to simmer in heavy med. saucepan.
    Reduce heat to low. Add chopped chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
    Cool glaze to lukewarm. Release pan sides from cheesecake.
    Place cheesecake on rack set over baking sheet.
    Pour glaze over cheesecake, spreading w/spatula to cover top and sides and
    allowing excess to drip onto sheet. Refrigerate until glaze sets, about 30 min.
    (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Transfer cheesecake to platter. Garnish w/ chocolate curls if desired.
    False
    rec:helen kenyon's chocolate sauce

HELEN KENYON'S CHOCOLATE SAUCE

Yield: 2 3/4 cups

4 oz Unsweetened chocolate, chopped
    1 tb Butter, melted
    1 1/2 c Sugar (pref superfine)
    1 c Heavy cream
    1 pn Salt
    1/4 c Dry sherry
    1 ts Vanilla extract

In a double boiler, melt the chocolate with the butter. Transfer to a heavy saucepan and combine with the sugar, cream and salt. Over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a boil. Allow it to boil slowly, without stirring, for 7 minutes. Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the sherry and vanilla. Serve warm. Store in the refrigerator.

False

Opps - I forgot to copy this part -

sometimes, i make a strawberry sauce, in place of the chocolate sauce
    They also suggest substituting Rum for the Sherry.

False

Is this what you were looking for ???

False

Also found this one.

SPUMONI CAKE

1 pkg. yellow cake mix (not pudding in the mix)
    4 eggs
    3/4 c. oil
    1 (8 oz.) carton sour cream
    1 box vanilla instant pudding
    1/2 c. chopped nuts
    1/2 c. chopped maraschino cherries
    2 squares semi sweet chocolate
    Mix above well. Divide batter into equally and place in 3 separate bowls.

BOWL 1: Add 7 drops green food coloring and 1/2 cup chopped nuts. Mix well.

BOWL 2: Seven drops red food coloring and 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, drained; mix well.

BOWL 3: Two melted squares of semi sweet chocolate; mix well.

Grease and flour tube pan. Pour green batter first, then red, then chocolate. If using a bundt pan, reverse the order. Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes
    False

Last one I can find. This sounds like the best so far.

SPUMONI CAKE

1 pkg. yellow cake mix
    4 eggs
    3/4 c. cooking oil
    1 (8 oz.) sour cream
    1 small pkg. instant vanilla pudding
    1/2 c. walnuts
    2 to 4 drops green food coloring
    1/2 tsp. almond extract
    1 (8 oz.) jar maraschino cherries drained and chopped
    2 to 4 drops red food coloring
    2 oz. unsweetened chocolate melted
    Prepare yellow cake mix by combining cake mix, eggs, oil, sour cream and dry pudding mix. Beat together 2 minutes at medium speed. Divide batter into 3 bowls. To 1 bowl add walnuts, green food coloring and almond extract. To bowl 2 add drained cherries and red food coloring. To bowl 3 add melted chocolate. Mix each well. Pour green batter into well greased tube or bundt pan, then add pink batter, then chocolate. Do Not Swirl. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Cool, then turn out on cake plate with green layer on top.

CHOCOLATE GLAZE:

1 c. confectioners sugar
    2 oz. unsweetened chocolate melted
    1/2 tsp. vanilla
    1 to 2 tbsp. warm water
    Combine all ingredients and drizzle over cake.

False
  • Re: Spumoni Cheesecake
    I found this recipe in my recipe folder it is from Bon Appetit /February 1985. My only regret is its taken so long to get it to you. Hope you can still use it. Jeannine K Spamoni Cheesecake Prep Time: --- | Cook Time: --- | Servings: 12 | Difficulty: Hard Ingredients: 1 10-ounces jar sour cherry preserves 1/4 cup diced dried apricots (1/4 -inch pieces) 1 tbsp Cointreau or other orange liqueur Butter 1/2 cup all purpose flour 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) well-chilled butter,cut into 1/2-inch pieces 1 tbsp sugar Chocolate Layer 11ounces cream cheese, cut into 1-inch pieces, room temperature 2 medium eggs, room temperature 1/2 cup sugar 4 tsp unsweetened coca powder (preferably Dutch process) 1 tbsp chocolate syrup 1/2 tsp vanilla 1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chip Almond Layer 3 tbsp blanched almond paste 3 tbsp whipping cream 1/4 tsp almond extract 11 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1-inch pieces, room temperature 2 medium eggs 1/2 cup sugar Fruit layer 11ounces cream cheese, cut into 1-inch pieces, room temperature 2 medium eggs, room temperature 1/2 cup sugar 1 tsp grated orange peel 1 tsp grated lemon peel 5 drops red food coloring 1/2 cup whipping cream, beaten to peaks Directions: Halve 36 sour cherries from preserves (reserve remainder for garnish). Rinse and pat dry. Combine with apricots and cointreau in small dish. Cover and let soak several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter bottom of 9-inch spring form pan. Blend flour, 1/4 cup butter and sugar in processor until mixture begins to gather together. Press evenly into bottom of prepared pan. Bake until golden Brown, about 18 minutes. Cool on rack while preparing chocolate layer. Retain oven at 350° F. For Chocolate Layer...Blend all ingredients except mini chips in processor until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of work bowl. Stir in mini chips. Pour filling into crust. Return to oven until center of layer no longer moves when shaken, 23 to 25 minutes. Cool on rack while preparing almond layer. Retain oven temperature at 350° F. For Almond Layer....Purée first 3 ingredients in processor until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smoth, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of work bowl. Carefully spoon mixture atop chocolate layer. Returne to oven and bake until center of layer no longer moves when shaken, about 26 minutes. Cool on rack while preparing fruit layer. Retain oven temperature at 350° F. For Fruit Layer.... Purée cheese, eggs, sugar, fruit peels and food coloring in processor until smoth, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of work bowl. Blend in cherry mixture using on / off turns. Carefully spoon atop almond layer. Return to oven and bake until center of layer no longer moves when shaken, about 28 minutes. Cool completely on rack. Refrigerate cake until well chilled. Cover with plastic and refrigerate 2 days to mellow favors. Transfer cake to platter. Remove wrap and pan sides. Scrape sides to reveal 3 layers, using knife. Spoon whipped cream into pastry bag fitted with medium star tip. Pipe cream in rosettes around rim. Remaining cherries on rosettes. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Source: http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/49661/reply.aspx Sent from Paprika Recipe Manager Sent from my I pad 🌾
    False